Save the Date! #Soupapalooza 2012
It’s that time of year……..cold winter weather and soup. They just go hand in hand. Even if you’ve had a mild winter like many of us have, there’s still nothing better to warm the soul. Soup, stew, chili, chowder…….have all been staples in our diets for centuries and can be the perfect appetizer or a quick and easy meal.
Last year Kristen of Dine and Dish and I hosted Soupapalooza and it was such a huge success we promised to bring it back this year, even bigger and better!
So this year KitchenAid, Kristen and I, along with some other wonderful sponsors are inviting you to share your favorite soup recipes here at TidyMom.net and DineandDish.net starting February 28 thru March 5, 2012.
and like every great party……..there will be prizes from some fabulous sponsors!!
Big thanks to KitchenAid, Red Star Yeast and Le Creuset
How to Participate in SoupaPalooza
UPDATE: Soupapalooza Party is now LIVE – Over 300 recipe have been shared! you can find all of the details, and how to share your recipes here
1. Write and post a recipe on your blog featuring a soup, stew, chili, or chowder. (can be an old post…just PLEASE be sure to link back AND follow #2 below)
2. Include “Come join SoupaPalooza at TidyMom and Dine and Dish sponsored by KitchenAid, Red Star Yeast and Le Creuset” in your blog post. (you MUST include this to be eligible for prizes)
3. Starting Feb 28th thru March 5th add your link to your soup post to the widget on either TidyMom or Dine and Dish (we have the same widget code, so only add it on one site). UPDATE: Soupapalooza party is now LIVE – add your recipe here
4. Don’t have a blog? no problem…..leave your recipe in the comments on the day of the SoupaPalooza party (Feb 28 – March 5, 2012)
5. We’d love your help spreading the word about Soupapalooza through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Sample Tweet: Join @DineandDish & @TidyMom for #Soupapalooza Share your recipes (and WIN) here: https://tidymom.net or http://dineanddish.net Pls RT
- Instagram photo’s of your soup or making your soup using the hashtag #shotofsoup and/or #soupapalooza
6. Button for your sidebars or posts – if you would like a button for your sidebar or post, use the one below and link to either of our sites.
7. Have fun and enjoy!
Get your ladles ready and turn up the heat and we’ll see you here starting February 28th!
Disclaimer: Thank you to KitchenAid, Red Star Yeast and Le Creuset for providing compensation and prizes for Soupapalooza. The views and opinions expressed on TidyMom are purely my own and based upon my personal experiences with the products and brands.
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.
Sounds fun! I love soup AND prizes! 🙂
Can us Canuks get in on the action too?
I’d love to know that too.
sorry, I forgot to put my reply to that here (I emailed Robyn the answer). I’m sorry to say, prizes will only be available for US residents only. Shipping to Canada was an issue with one sponsor and I have since found out, Canada has some very different laws for random drawing giveaways. I’m so sorry….I hope you’ll still join in and share your favorite recipe though!!
I am so excited about this year’s Soupapalooza!! I’ll be sure to link up some recipes 🙂
OMG I’m in prize envy!! How fun, I’ll be sure to come back for this one!! Thanks Cheryl and Kristen!!
Great idea girls! I’ll get my kettle boilin’….
I am super excited about this! I guess I need to begin peeling my potatoes……
sounds very fun
I’ll be getting my chili on!!!!
sounds great! I LOVE soup 🙂
Love this idea! Can’t wait to participate!
WOW, great giveaway I am ready with a great recipe. Can’t wait for the 28th.
As always, another fantastic blog event and give-away! I cannot wait to see all the great recipes! And, of course, to see who the lucky winners are. Thank you!
This looks like so much fun! Count me in!
Looking forward to it!
Soup, chowders, and more…what more could you ask for…except to WIN!!!
Sounds like FUN! Count me in:)
This is fabulous. Soup is one of my favorite meals!!!
FUN!! can’t wait to join!!
Can’t wait to get my soup on!
Ooooh glad it’s time! I was telling my pal about this!
How great! Is there a limit on how many recipes/entries we can submit?
SOUP!! I’ll be simmering a pot along with you all. 🙂
Pingback: Mexican Shrimp Marinara Recipe | TidyMom
Pingback: Save the date! (You can WIN a 7-qt KitchenAid Standmixer!) - Frugal Family Fun
Pingback: Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
Pingback: St. Patricks Day Ideas | TidyMom
Hi Cheryl, so are we posting/blogging one recipe for that week, or one recipe each day to participate? Thanks! Lisa
You can link up to 2 posts/recipes and time during that week. New or old posts
Pingback: Bacon Potato Soup Recipe | TidyMom
Pingback: Roasted Mushroom Soup | Recipe Rebuild
Pingback: Italian Food Forever » Creamy Sweet Potato Soup With Pancetta Croutons
Pingback: Teaspoon of Spice » Smoky Shrimp Ribollita for #Soupapalooza
Pingback: Cheesy Chicken Chowder |
Pingback: Spicy Beef Udooly-Noodley Soup « Living The Sweet Life
Pingback: Carrot Ginger Soup | Recipe Rebuild
My favorite soup is home made potatoe soup, hope to win the mixer!
Thanks Debbie………you will need to leave a recipe on the party post https://tidymom.net/2012/best-soup-recipes/
Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
Thanks Julie, you will need to leave a recipe on the party post https://tidymom.net/2012/best-soup-recipes/
sorry no blog, but I love to cook and read cooking blogs. hope i am doing this right, i found the directions a little confusing. i am posting a soup recipe for your contest.
Include “Come join SoupaPalooza at TidyMom and Dine and Dish sponsored by KitchenAid, Red Star Yeast and Le Creuset” in your blog post. (you MUST include this to be eligible for prizes)
One of my favorite soups is just a big pot of chicken soup with either rice or noodles.
Cut up one whole chicken
put in pot, add water, cook chicken. when chicken is cooked remove chicken, debone, pour broth thru strainer. add onions, carrots, cerely, can of garbanzo beans, add chicken back in. salt & pepper
make rice or put noodles in broth and they will cook that way. doesn’t get any easier or better.
Sorry if it was confusing to you Barb. But this post was just announcing the party and the date.
For more details and to enter your recipe, the party post is now live https://tidymom.net/2012/best-soup-recipes/
Entered with my faaaavorite recipe for Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Escarole Stew: . It’s 85 degrees and sunny in San Diego, but I’m always in the mood for this dish! I can’t seem to find the widgets on either site, though. Help, please? 🙂
you can link up your recipe here Laura https://tidymom.net/2012/best-soup-recipes/
I do not have a blog so here is my favorite kind of soup recipie…
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded
1 (4.5 ounce) package quick cooking long grain and wild rice with seasoning packet
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups heavy cream
1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth, water and chicken. Bring just to boiling, then stir in rice, reserving seasoning packet. Cover and remove from heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and flour. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in contents of seasoning packet until mixture is bubbly. Reduce heat to low, then stir in flour mixture by tablespoons, to form a roux. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes.
3. Stir cream mixture into broth and rice. Cook over medium heat until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
I love Kitchenaid products and I hope I will win this contest, it would be a blessing to own one of these items, that I have heard are the best.
My second favorite soup: Lima Bean!
4 16-oz cans lima beans
12 cups water
6 cubes chicken bullion
1.5 lb chopped chicken sausage (the precooked kind)
2 onions, thinly sliced
salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
1 t. garlic
1 teaspoon basil
3 potatoes, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
Rinse and drain beans. In a large stock pot, Cover drained limas with water, seasonings, and veggies.. Cook slowly, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and hot until cooked through.