Gooey Butter Cake Cold Brew Milkshake
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cool down and perk up this summer with a creamy and delicious Gooey Butter Cake Cold Brew Milkshake. This decadent cold brew milkshake tastes like a piece of gooey butter cake with a cup of coffee, making it the perfect hot weather dessert or treat.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
This post is in partnership with GEVALIA. All views, opinions, and love of cold brew coffee are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that I love and make TidyMom possible.
GEVALIA Cold Brew Iced Coffee Concentrate where have you been all my life?!!
With warm weather setting in for most of us, iced coffee season is at its peak. While there’s nothing wrong with a splash of milk and a few ice cubes, I’m such a big cold brew fan that I wanted to take it to a new level. I created a milkshake that dreams are made of…….gooey butter cake and coffee dreams that is!! enter Gooey Butter Cake Cold Brew Milkshake!
It all started months ago when my daughter mentioned she had gooey butter cake ice cream. I knew the second I heard about the ice cream that I would have to create something with it. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when GEVALIA Coffee asked if I would like to make something with their new Cold Brew Iced Coffee Concentrate. My mind instantly went to the gooey butter cake ice cream! what better way to pair it than with cold brew coffee!!
If the magical cold brew concentrate doesn’t send your cool-refreshing-summer-in-a-fancy-glass loving self into a frenzy of tingly taste buds, let me just give you another reason to get yourself all up in a cold brew milkshake RIGHT NOW.
The day these happened it was eleventy billion degrees outside. Ice cold milk blended together with equal parts, rich, never bitter tasting, GEVALIA Cold Brew Concentrate and a generous portion of gooey butter cake ice cream …. finished off with a caramel topping, whipped cream, and a gooey butter cookie…….was heavenly!!
Table of Contents
How to make the perfect milkshake
The main key to making a good milkshake is getting the right ratio of ice cream to milk. Too much milk is the biggest mistake most people make. You really only need a splash or a few ounces.
- let your ice cream sit out and soften a bit before making the milkshake. If the ice cream is too hard, you’ll have to add more milk to thin it out, and you will end up with the wrong ice-cream-to-milk ratio = too runny.
- use about 2 ounces (1/4 of a cup) of milk per 3 large scoops of ice cream. Adjust for personal preference (less milk for a thicker shake, more for a thinner shake)
- never use ice in a milkshake
- put your glass in the freezer for a frosty cold milkshake vessel.
Nothing beats the sweaty fist of vengeance that summer throws at us like a frosty cold milkshake.
How to Make a Gooey Butter Cake Cold Brew Milkshake
Don’t have access to gooey butter cake ice cream? You’re in luck!
Gooey butter cake is super easy to make and you can simply add it to the blender with vanilla or caramel ice cream, milk and GEVALIA Cold Brew Concentrate (House Blend, French Vanilla, or Caramel ). Gooey butter cookies would work too.
Since we live in St. Louis, you can find both gooey butter cake and gooey butter cookies in most grocery stores if you want to buy one, I won’t tell. 😉
So you have 3 options here –
- buy gooey butter cake ice cream
- make a gooey butter cake or gooey butter cookies to add to vanilla ice cream in the blender
- or buy gooey butter cake or cookies to add to vanilla ice cream in the blender
Any option will work, with a splash of GEVALIA Cold Brew Concentrate and milk (omit the milk if you’d like a stronger coffee flavor) blend until desired consistency. Pour it in a glass with a little caramel sauce, top with whipped cream and a gooey butter cookie (I also sprinkled some praline topping) serve with a straw or spoon and enjoy!
Take that you ground-smoldering, sweat-inducing heat!
To armor you against the blistering rays of the sun GEVALIA’S new Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate allows you to make your own iced coffee and customize to your taste at home. Unlike other cold brews, this concentrate is delightfully different and shelf-stable.
Like this Gooey Butter Cake Cold Brew Milkshake recipe? Pin It!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
I’d love to hear in the comments what you’re going to do to make it your own?! Check out the full collection of GEVALIA Cold Brew Concentrate here.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom!
Creamy and delicious, a Gooey Butter Cake Cold Brew Milkshake is the perfect dessert or treat! This decadent cold brew milkshake tastes like a piece of gooey butter cake with a cup of coffee.
- 6 large scoops (about 3 cups) gooey butter cake ice cream, softened (or vanilla ice cream and a piece or two of gooey butter cake or cookies)
- 1/4 cup GEVALIA Cold Brew Concentrate (I used the Original, but Vanilla or Caramel would work)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- caramel topping
- praline topping (optional)
- whipped cream
- Pour praline topping in a small shallow bowl. Rub the rims (about 1-inch down from the lip) of 2 large glasses with thin coat of caramel sauce . Dip and roll the rims in the praline topping. Place the glasses in the freezer.
- Combine cold brew concentrate and milk into a measuring cup. To a blender, add the ice cream and half the cold brew mixture and blend until smooth, adding more cold brew mixture if needed until your desired consistency is reached.
- Remove the glasses from the freezer and drizzle with caramel sauce on the insides and bottoms of the glasses. Pour milkshake into frosty glasses and garnish each with a whipped cream and a gooey butter cookie! Enjoy!
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.