Fall Cleaning | Entryway & Front Porch
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We recently had a taste of fall with day time temps in the 70’s……..ahh, I love fall!! Although, Mother Nature is reminding us that it’s still summer with heat index over 100 this week.
But, that familiar chill in the late night air reminds me that Fall is almost here!! Soon the house will be covered in throw blankets, pumpkins on the porch and Autumn colors on the front door.
Cool crisp Autumn days are perfect for conquering deep-cleaning chores for a clean and comfortable winter home, and wrap up summer’s outdoor areas.
This post is part of a partnership I have with Clorox, and aligns with something I fully support! I wanted to tell you how Clorox has formulated household cleaners that are being nicer to the environment, called Green Works®. I know that it’s hip to be green right now, and I think it’s really cool that Clorox is doing this. They know that moms, like us, are looking for ways to live a more natural lifestyle — and Clorox made it their mission to help us achieve this goal. I would love to see more brands follow suit! wouldn’t you?
The front porch and entryway is the place where your home makes a first impression and summer can put it’s toll here. Let’s get this important asset to your home shinned up and ready for fall! The Green Works® products clean powerfully without harsh chemical fumes or residue……..lets get started!
Get the Entryway & Porch Ready for Fall
- Remove everything from porch and entryway that you can, so the floors are clean. Shake out rugs and welcome mats outside to remove dirt and dust; then hang in the fresh air.
- Outside; use a broom to sweep every windowsill, door-frame, step(s) and outside walls (be sure to look up to remove cobwebs)
- Inside; Run a duster over the tops of doors, windows and fixtures and sweep or vacuum floor and baseboards.
- Clean windows, inside and out. Try Clorox Green Works glass & surface cleaner. It cuts through tough dirt and filmy residue for a streak-free shine.
- Remove the window screens and give them a good washing, too. Hose them off in the yard or wash them in the bathtub with a little Clorox Green Works Dishwashing liquid a few drops with water and a brush will cut thru the grease and grime summer left behind.
- Mop the floors, getting right into the corners. If you have hard wood floors, now is a good time to wax for maximum sparkle.
- Wipe down the door,Clean the front door with a good general purpose cleaner such as Clorox Green Works® . Use a metal polishing cloth to shine the metal hinges and doorknob. *Keep the door and knobs clean with Clorox Green Works Wipes on the knobs/handles. These wipes pack some serious cleaning power and are made with naturally derived ingredients, such as citric acid and wood fibers. That means they won’t leave behind harsh chemical residue — and you can throw them in the green bin when you’re done! Safe for most non-wood surfaces, including acrylic, fiberglass and vinyl. If your door has brass fixtures, use the homemade or commercial brass cleaner.
- Wipe dirt and debris off tables and chairs, and spray and wipe down everything with water , and winterize patio furniture that needs it.
- Scrub patio cushions. Cushions can become a breeding ground for gunk of all sorts. Wipe off all your outdoor cushions with a soapy sponge and water (try a few drops of Clorox Green Works Dishwashing liquid in warm water) , and scrub off anything that needs to be removed. Let it dry completely for a few days to make sure there’s no moisture left. If you find mildew on your cushions, leave them in the sunlight (the sun is a natural mold inhibitor). When the cushion is dry, scrub off loose spores with a dry sponge. If you encounter a particularly tough stain, rub a few drops of Clorox Green Works bleach on it and wash and rinse it away after a few minutes.
- Wipe down tables and shelves with furniture polish and dust off picture frames and other decorative items. This is a great time to exchange existing items with a fresh collection of fall décor.
Add Fall Color to the Porch and Entryway
- ‘Fall-ify’ the front porch with pops of natural autumn colors. Colorful mums, gourds, pumpkins, pine cones and plants are the perfect fall greeting at the front door.
- Say good-bye to your fading summer flowers and hello to fall with pops of green, red and yellow foliage! Grab an old metal bucket and fill it up with a combination of fall color and pumpkins, corn, gourds, mums or any colorful fall filler!
- Bring the outdoors in. Natural elements add a sense of calm and peace to any home
- Add a fall wreath to your front door
Are you getting ready for Fall?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Green Works®. You don’t have to compromise on clean to be green.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.