Low Fat high fiber Pancakes
I found about 2 years ago when I was trying to lose weight.
15 Minutes to Prepare and Cook
- 2 pouches – Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Weight Control, Banana Bread (or any type/flavor you like)
- 1/2 cup – Egg Beaters (or 2 eggs)
- 2/3 cup – Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- Blend in blender (I use my Magic Bullet) - * NOTE – this “batter” is VERY thick
- Preheat a non-stick skillet sprayed with Pam over medium-medium high heat. - *NOTE – these cook better at a lower temp, you may want to use medium heat only
- Makes 8 medium pancakes (about 6") - *NOTE – I make 1/2 the recipe and only get 2 pancakes
- Turn carefully because these pancakes are very tender.
- May need to cook longer than ‘regular’ pancakes. - NOTE – these burn easy, be sure to cook slower at a lower temp than ‘regular pancakes’.
If not using flavored oatmeal you may wish to add a little cinnamon, sweetener and vanilla extract or other flavorings to taste.
I spray mine with a little spray butter and pour Sugar Free syrup over them
Be sure to read all of the comments, lots of good tips and suggestions as well.