We are kicking off week three of Spark Your Summer with a little something for Dad! The amazingly creative Cindy, of Skip to My Lou has a fun DIY for the Dad who loves to grill! Summer means backyard grilling! This Personalized Grill Spatula gives the outdoor chef a hand and all the credit! Add a BBQ apron and some of your favorite BBQ sauce for a great gift idea! Perfect for Father’s Day, birthdays, or housewarming gift! Be sure to check out Cindy’s blog for more wonderful ideas!!
Hi everyone! My name is Cindy and I blog at Skip to my Lou. I love to blog about handmade gift ideas, sewing tutorials, free crochet patterns, free printables and recipes. I hope you will come visit me if you are looking for more fun kids crafts and activities.
Here is a Father’s Day gift idea that dad is sure to flip over. It is not only useful it is personalized just for him!
Supplies you will need
I found this handy bbq spatula at the dollar store. Any spatula with a wooden handle will work.
You will also need
- fine to medium sandpaper
- mod podge
- foam brush
- Elmer’s Painters paint pens.
How to make a Personalized Grill Spatula
1. If the spatula has any type of rubber handle carefully cut it off.
2. Lightly sand the entire wooden handle with medium to fine sandpaper. This will help the paint adhere securely to the handle.
3. Now you or your child are ready to personalize! I am a huge fan of these Elmer’s Painters. They are a no mess way to paint. The medium and fine tips allow a child to write with paint with great success! They are also versatile! They paint on wood, metal, ceramic, plastic and fabric!
With the paint pens personalize the wooden handle.
4. Allow paint to completely dry (about 15 mins). Once dry add a coat of mod podge to protect the paint.
Now dad has a useful and heartfelt gift!
Click here to learn more about the Spark Your Summer series and how you can participate!