I can’t believe it’s August already! I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! We are still recovering from our fabulous vacation to Seaside Florida (I’ll be sharing pictures and details soon!) and we hit up a brand new outlet mall here this weekend for our first bit of back to school shopping on our tax free weekend here in St. Louis! It’s hard to believe Allison goes back in two weeks!
This week’s party was full of creative projects, from learning how to upholster using an old slipcover, to making a pantone green fall feather wreath, to a DIY family cookbook. Here are 9 creative project ideas that are sure to get your creative juices flowing. Be sure to click over to check out all the fabulous crafts, diys, recipes and more that were shared at the party.
1. Jen is giving her master bedroom a makeover and found an upholstered headboard at a thrift shop that she decided to slipcover. Check out her detailed tutorial on how to make a headboard slipcover. It’s so easy she ended up making 3 with some gorgeous fabrics so she can change the look of their room throughout the year.
2. I have always loved Elizabeth’s eye for detail. Her copycat version of Restoration Hardware’s reclaimed wood shelves is still one of my favorite posts on her site. Check out the updates she made to it recently! I need to find a spot for one in my kitchen!
3. Jessica shows us how she look a large Pottery Barn slipcover and used it to reupholster a smaller couch that you can now sit on without the fabric moving and looking messy. Such an easy way to reupholster a couch, she shows you exactly how she did it!
4. Check out how Liz created an entirely new space by mixing old and new pieces with a few cans of spray paint! I love the coastal feel to this patio makeover, with all the neutral colors in the space, it will be super easy to give it a quick update for each season!
5. This recipe had me at buffalo chicken. Lyuba has a recipe for a delicious looking Buffalo Chicken Burger that will definitely be showing up on our dinner table soon! A juicy chicken burger covered in buffalo sauce and made with ranch, blue cheese crumbles and other toppings……. looks like heaven on a bun!
6. Allie came up with a Chocolate Dipped Blackberry Buttermilk Popsicle. A frozen treat that has a great, thick and creamy texture and a little bit of a tangy flavor, and get this……at 160 cal/serving, you don’t have to feel guilty to enjoy this Gluten Free pleasure! I’m pretty sure my summer wont be complete until I make these!
7. Chelsea’s husband rescued a little wooden footstool from a thrift shop, and she shows us how she turned it into a bright and cheery upholstered stool with a little gray paint and yellow chevron fabric! LOVE it!
8. I’m blown away by this incredible ‘scrapbook like‘ DIY family cookbook Kelly made using her Cricut. This would make a great gift, you could start on it now, get the kids involved and give out as Christmas gifts!
9. So I was a little jealous when Kellie painted a wall in her dining room black! How brave (I love that she did it when her husband was out of town lol)! How gorgeous does the Pantone Emerald Green Fall Feather Wreath look on that wall, along with her other cool accessories! Don’t they all just POP on that black wall!! Go check out how easy this wreath is to make! I bet it would look great on my black front door……….. headed out to pick up supplies to make one myself!
I would love to hear what you’ve been up to this weekend!!!
Thank you for sharing so many wonderful projects, recipes and crafts again this week ! You can still link up thru Sunday evening or come back next week and link up for another I’m Lovin’ It Friday, who knows maybe next week I will be featuring you!