Blog News

I’m Lovin’ It : Free Blog/Picture Collage Template

There is one question I get asked a lot about my blog….. “how do you make those cool photo collages“.

I use them most often when I feature some of the posts who link up each week to I’m Lovin’ It in the wrap up posts.

TidyMom collage screenshot

I love how they look, and apparently many of you do too!

Well, I have good news and bad news……………

First the bad news

I had been using Picnik.com to make these collages, it’s so simple and easy to use……..but……Picnik is closing in April.

At first I wasn’t too bothered when I heard the news because fortunately over the last year or more I took the time to learn how to use Photoshop Elements,  then moved up to Photoshop CS5 all thanks to my friend Amanda with Everyday Elements.  She encouraged me to not be intimidated by them.  She has many free Pse & PS tutorials and actions and other goodies on her site, and for those who want more, she has very affordable and helpful online workshop and actions you can purchase.

So you see, I was no longer relying on Picnik, until it dawned on me………..My Collages!!!  What will I do about those cute collages I love?

The Good News!

Amanda and I were chatting on the phone one day and I’m telling her how much I’m going to miss my collages, when she says, “Cheryl, I can make those for you!”  and Just. Like. That.  Amanda had sent me two collages to try!!  I was so excited and told Amanda, if I love these you KNOW more people are going to love them! Especially Picnick users!!

So Amanda has made the Tidy Blog Collages available for FREE download on her site!  How awesome is THAT!!!

Free tidy blog collage from everydayelements

Head over to EverydayElementsOnline.com to get your free download.  Amanda has a video that shows you how to use the collage templates.

These will work with both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

You can use these collage templates for blogs photos or to share photos on facebook ! Amanda has a really great Facebook page and community you may want to join as well.

Don’t have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements you say?  Well here’s the deal.  Photoshop Elements is a smaller version of Photoshop and MUCH cheaper, and to be honest, is all most of us need (unless you are leaning more towards a pro photographer) and you can download a 30 day trial of Photoshop Elements for FREE!

Then head back over to Everyday Elements and check out all of the amazing help Amanda has for you! Sign up for the Everyday Elements Newsletter and get tips, coupons and freebies right to your inbox!

I plan to share some of her tools that I use on ALL of my photos you see here on TidyMom in the next few weeks.

Please! I beg of you………..if you are a Picnik user who’s upset that they are closing, PLEASE give PSE a try and let Amanda show you how easy it can be!  Trust me, I KNOW how attached you are to Picnik (this is starting to sound like an intervention)……but I LOVE how much more I can do with my photos now and it’s not hard at all!!

Ok……go get the FREE collages………..and have fun!!

TidyMom I'm Lovin' ItI’m Lovin’……Tidy Blog Collages

get button code

Now it’s your turn! Please remember to link back to http://TidyMom.net

Let us know what you’re lovin’ this week!

Share your recipes, crafts, diy’s, photography, printables, products..anything you are loving!

If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link below.

*Don’t forget to come back over the weekend for the I’m Lovin’ It Wrap Up post……where I feature a few of the great links!!

What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s trouble shoot and button here

35 Responses to “I’m Lovin’ It : Free Blog/Picture Collage Template”

1. Rachel - A Southern Fairytale posted on February 16, 2012 at 9:13 pm (#

Amanda is so amazing!!!! You do always have the best collages, Cheryl – this is so wonderful!
    Love when fabulous people use their passion and talents to help out others! YAY!

• TidyMom replied on February 17th, 2012 at 6:48 am

Thanks Rachel!

2. Robin @ Bird On A Cake posted on February 16, 2012 at 9:40 pm (#

Thanks for passing on the collage templates, Cheryl! And thanks for hosting a fun party! :0)

3. nest of posies posted on February 16, 2012 at 10:01 pm (#

that’s what i’m dying over too===the collages! well & that upload feature at the bottom to add 2 pics together. still in search of something similar for that. i don’t have photoshop, and i doubt i will anytime soon. ~ yay for amanda & her download!

thanks for the party!
    kellie

4. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga posted on February 16, 2012 at 11:54 pm (#

When I read that about picnik, I blogged about it 2 weeks or so ago…and yes, it’s not good! I am a wuss and have CS5 installed on my computer but every time I open it, I CLOSE it because Lightroom is so much easier. But LR is impossible to make collages with. There’s also an app that from the itunes store called PicFrame that you can use on your desktop that’s $1.99 that makes killer collages that a reader of mine told me about,too.

• TidyMom replied on February 17th, 2012 at 6:48 am

I use Pic frame on my iphone!!

Amanda has GREAT tutorials, try downloading the templates and follow her video tutorial – I bet you’ll love how easy it is!

5. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted on February 16, 2012 at 11:57 pm (#

Great post and freebee Cheryl. I make collages in Photoshop sometimes but the spacing can get tricky. Love this!

6. michelle posted on February 17, 2012 at 5:23 am (#

awesome thanks for sharing the collages….bummed about picnik too, and have been thinking about PSE, thanks for the vote!!

7. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on February 17, 2012 at 7:18 am (#

I’m in denial about Picnik. It’s easy, and that’s what this computer idiot needs! I’m going to try the 30day trial though, because I can’t find anything else I like. I’ve tried fotoflexer and picassa and pixlr. Here’s to hoping!!!! Thanks Cheryl (and Amanda…can I have your personal phone number for help, hehe. Kidding. Kinda).

8. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on February 17, 2012 at 7:39 am (#

thanks so much for the party and what great info about the pictures. I just have to be able to take some nice pictures then I could totally use that;p

9. Charisa posted on February 17, 2012 at 7:44 am (#

I’m going to have to learn Photoshop again since Picnik is closing too. So sad! Thanks for the freebie!

10. trisha posted on February 17, 2012 at 7:56 am (#

This is like Christmas – I love collages. I am mourning PicniK for sure. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA Thanks for hosting and have a GREAT weekend.

• Heather McMullin replied on February 17th, 2012 at 11:15 am

I second your WAAAAAAAAA!!!

11. Janet posted on February 17, 2012 at 9:12 am (#

I have an old version of Photoshop – PS6.0 – that I’ve been using forever. I’d love to upgrade to CS5 but it’s not in the budget at this time. I think I’m going to have to give Elements a try this year because I’m limited by my what my old PS can do. I’ve been using Picnik for most of my blog photo edits because of that. I’d love to try some of the templates and actions available for Elements.

12. Monica posted on February 17, 2012 at 9:52 am (#

Thank you for hosting. And thank you very much for sharing those photo collages!

13. Paula posted on February 17, 2012 at 9:53 am (#

Amanda does have a great site and tons of useful tips. You and her getting together to share your photo collage templates is so nice and I’m sure will be a big help to all those who are going to miss Picnik. Great party happening here this weekend!

14. Audi posted on February 17, 2012 at 10:00 am (#

I love picnik also and will be sad when its gone. I also use picture2life.com, pizap.com, and photovisi.com for collages. They are all a lot of fun. And free cuz I cant afford anything else.

15. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on February 17, 2012 at 10:10 am (#

Although I haven’t used the Picnik collages that much, they have been a very easy resource & I’m also sad to see them go. So…THANK YOU to Amanda for providing these collages. She is a wealth of information!!!

16. Heidi posted on February 17, 2012 at 11:05 am (#

Yeah just found you and just in time. I have PSE and am SO excited, I don’t really know how to use it, so excited to follow every day elements to learn a few new things. THANKS!

17. Heather McMullin posted on February 17, 2012 at 11:13 am (#

Thank you so much for thinking about those of us who are SO sad Picnik is closing!
    -heather

18. Sue posted on February 17, 2012 at 2:07 pm (#

I was so bummed when I heard about Picnik:( Thanks for offering some hope:) I actually have PSE, but have never taken it out of the box?!? Time to open it up and head over to Everday Elements! Thanks Cheryl, you’re a lifesaver:)

19. bridget {bake at 350} posted on February 17, 2012 at 2:17 pm (#

Very cool collages! Yours always do look so pretty! And, Amanda does make me want to try PSE…she makes it seem easy!

I make all of my collages using photoscape. I love it!

20. Lori @ RecipeGirl posted on February 17, 2012 at 5:05 pm (#

Totally going to check this out!!!! Cheryl saves the day!

21. Amy K posted on February 19, 2012 at 3:58 am (#

These collage templates are wonderful. Thank you Cheryl & Amanda for the gift.

22. All Artful posted on February 19, 2012 at 9:12 pm (#

I am so glad I saw your post on the collages and thank you so much for spreading the word!
    Stephanie @ Allartful.com

23. Cherry posted on February 20, 2012 at 10:06 pm (#

Thanks so much for sharing your photo collages with us! And, also, for introducing us to Everyday Elements – looks like she’s got a ton of helpful info and ideas. I purchased PSE about a year ago, and have really been enjoying using it. Thanks again for sharing your photo collage – I used it already today in my latest post!

24. Cheryl posted on April 7, 2012 at 6:02 pm (#

Thanks for the post and the freebie. It was a timesaver for me today.

25. Tamarlyn posted on June 7, 2012 at 9:49 pm (#

Just wanted you to know that for your readers that do not have or can not afford Photoshop they can use Big Huge Labs (bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php) from the drop down menu select 2+2 with shadow. You can download from your computer, Facebook or Flicker. You can then save them into your computer. They have several other very cool and free photo effects. I REALLY miss picnik and was sad to see it shutdown.

26. Myrda J posted on September 2, 2012 at 1:37 am (#

If someone hasn’t already suggested pixlr.com then EVERYONE should use it! go to pixlr and use their pixlr express. Plus you can use different overlays and boards. It’s bloggers dream! Hope that helps! Enjoy!
    myrdaj.blogspot.com

1. Pingback: Mardi Gras: Beignet Recipe

2. Pingback: Declutter Challenge: Library Chaos Controlled

3. Pingback: 6-Hour Slow Cooker Chili {my family’s favorite!}

4. Pingback: Happiness Is…Recipe: Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes | Cooking for My Kids

5. Pingback: Birthday Party Ideas and Treats | TidyMom

6. Pingback: Sunday Dinner: Roasted Pork with Vegetables | How to prepare a perfect, juicy and super flavorful pork roast | The Misadventures of Mrs. B