13 Must Have Kitchen Gadgets for Mom
Still wondering what to get Mom for Mother’s Day? Show her how much you appreciate all of her slaving in the kitchen, by spoiling her with a new kitchen gadget.
Who better to ask for kitchen ideas than food bloggers?
13 food bloggers share their favorite tools in the kitchen
1. Blendtec High-Speed Blender – I adore my high-speed blender , it makes the creamiest soups and smoothies. I use it every day. I put all sorts of vegetables into the blender and turn them into soup by adding vegetable stock or water. It also makes silky smooth nut milks like my Chocolate Hazelnut Milk or my Honey Cinnamon Cashew Milk. ~ Sylvie, Gourmande in the Kitchen
3. Kitchen Shears – I wouldn’t want to do without kitchen shears. They are used daily by everyone in our family. From cutting pizza, raw chicken, herbs, opening up packaging, etc. … definitely a multi-purpose tool around here. ~Amy, She Wears Many Hats
4. Citrus Juicer – We use lemon juice and lime juice a lot in our cooking, but I never feel like I’m getting all the juice out when I squeeze them by hand. My hands are somewhat small, and I always feel like they’re inadequate. I reach for the citrus juicer at least every other day to make sauces, add citrus to salad dressings, to make marinades, cocktails and more. ~ Shaina, Food for My Family
5. Tongs – Perhaps one of the most useful kitchen tools ever, I refer to my chef’s tongs as my third hand because I reach for them so often during the day. I use my tongs to loosen boiling spaghetti, toss a salad, turn cubes of browning stew meat or kebobs and do virtually anything that is too hot or icky to do with my bare hands. ~ Aimee, Simple Bites
6. Silpats – I don’t bake cookies without my Silpat baking mats. I love that you can use the baking mats over and over again, they help the cookies bake evenly, and clean up is a breeze! Perfect for baking Triple Chocolate Chunk Oreo Cookies. ~ Maria, Two Peas and Their Pod
7. Pot Strainer – I am one of those people who uses about every pot and pan in the kitchen when I cook. My mom always had pot strainers around when I was a kid because they were bank freebies. These days they are much cuter and definitely better than washing a colander ~ Callye, Sweet Sugar Belle
8. Le Creuset cast iron skillet – Right now I would have to say that my favorite kitchen item is my Le Creuset cast iron skillet. I use it all the time and for so many different dishes. It’s very versatile and I like the way cast iron has such an even heat distribution while cooking. I love cast iron skillets for making frittatas. ~ Katie, Good Life Eats
9. Bread Machine – Mine is my bread machine – I love making homemade bread, specifically using the dough cycle of my bread machine. I enjoy kneading dough but also love being able to just throw the ingredients into my ABM and let it do the work. There is nothing quite like fresh, homemade bread! ~ Kristen, Dine and Dish
10. Good Quality Chef’s Knife – A good chef’s knife is probably the single most important and useful tool in a kitchen, the Henckels 8″ Chef knife has become my favorite kitchen tool! My only regret is that I waited so long to get one. If you can only have one good knife, a chef’s knife is what you want. It can be used for slicing, dicing, chopping, mincing, disjointing large cuts of meat and even smashing garlic. Very handy to have when making something like Creamy Bacon Potato Soup. ~Cheryl, TidyMom
11. Prep Taxi Food Scoop– This stainless steel scoop gets whatever I’ve chopped where it needs to go. From savory to sweet it’s my #1 go~to gadget. I can’t imagine baking and cooking without it! ~Teresa, Blooming on Bainbridge
12. Bench Scraper – One of my very favorite kitchen tools is my bench scraper! Yes, it can be used to scrape dough off of the counter, or “bench,” but what I use it for regularly is to cut brownies, blondies, and goodies like Kahlua-Coffee Ice Cream Dream Cake. I can’t live without it! ~ Bridget, Bake at 350
13. Solid Spatula – I cant live without my solid spatula. I am so tough on mine that they often fall apart or separate at the seem. This bad boy never fails me, especially when I’m whipping up a batch of my favorite butter cream!
Hopefully these ideas will inspire you to stock Mom’s kitchen (or your own) with a few key quality items that will prove themselves to be invaluable for cooking and will last the test of time.
I’d love to hear about your kitchen “favorites” or “must haves” in the comments
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera