How to Make a Scarf
You may know that scarves are the hot accessory trend right now! And anyone who knows me, knows I’m a huge scarf lover! I must own at least 20 scarves and I wear them with almost everything.
So when I saw Kim and Kris of DIY Dish make scarves from t-shirts, I just couldn’t get it out of my mind!
How cute is THAT?! Can you believe I made that scarf from a t-shirt…..and the best part, no sewing required!!
I bet this took me all of 15 mins to make.
- 1 XL or XXL t-shirt
- 9″ paper plate
- decorative pin/flower (optional)
- lay t-shirt out flat (make sure you can get 8-12 circles)
- Use paper plate to trace 8-12 circles on t-shirt (4-6 on each side of the shirt)
- cut out circles
- cut each fabric circle into a spiral (*see how to do this in the video)
- stretch each piece of fabric and lay all pieces together
- tie around your neck and place a pretty flower pin to dress it up!
Click here to watch Kim’s video tutorial to see more detail how to make this scarf and 2 others. *Kim suggests gluing 2 pieces together, I did not do that, so I just got a shorter scarf.
I love how light weight this scarf is, I can wear it with a sweater or a t-shirt.
I can’t wait to make more! I’d love to hear if you give this a try!
I'm linking up with these parties.......please visit them!
- Made by You Monday
- Get Your Craft On
- All Things Inspired
- Spring Fling at This Blessed Nest
- Weekend Wrap Up Party