Monogram Stenciled Canvas Bag
Today I thought I’d share the easy details on how I made this adorable monogram stenciled canvas bag using a paper doily.
I originally saw this fabulous bag over on ashleyannphotography before I got my Silhouette machine. I quickly bookmarked her fabulous tutorial and picked up my supplies.
How to Make Monogram Stenciled Canvas Bag
Canvas tote bag (I chose white, but you could use the natural as well)
Soft Fabric Paint (I used black, but again, you could use any color)
Large Paper Doily (I used the 12″ size)
sponge brush for paint (not pictured)
- Spray one side of doily with spray adhesive (trust me, you don’t want to skip this step) then place doily on one corner of bag
- Use fabric paint to paint over holes in doily
- Carefully remove doily before paint dries
- I used my Silhouette and Freezer paper to cut a “C” stencil, ironed the freezer paper stencil onto the bag, and painted.
- you can draw/trace a letter on, and paint by hand, like Ashley did
- Don’t have a die cut machine? to nervous to paint by hand?…..instructions for making a stencil with freezer paper here.
So there you go~
Super easy and Super cute huh?! Again, I want to thank Ashley for this wonderful idea…..just think of what all you can do with these cute bags!
With the holidays quickly approaching, you can easily make these up ahead of time, and while your out shopping, pick up goodies to fill them, for neighbors, teachers, bus drivers, brides maids, girl friends……the possibilities are limitless!
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera