Beauty

Homemade Sugar Scrub {Recipes}

Sooth dry winter skin with an easy to make homemade sugar scrub .  It can exfoliate and repair dry skin for only pennies to make, and dress them up for a beautiful homemade gift anyone would love to receive.

Sugar Scrubs

Pin It

I’m not all that crafty. I love small projects. I like simple and quick. I get too impatient for projects that are too involved. That’s why I was just thrilled when Domino® / C&H® Sugar contacted me about making something from the homemade gift section of their site.

I hadn’t given much thought to using sugar in a gift unless it was for baking something yummy! So, it seemed only natural to give their homemade gifts a try. Domino® / C&H® Sugar was kind enough to send me a $20 gift card to help with the cost, as well!- now who could turn that down?!

After checking out their gift ideas, I instantly knew I wanted to try their Sugar Scrubs!

These easy-to-make sugar scrubs can have all the glamor of a luxurious spa gift. Add a glittery ribbon, a scented candle and a soothing music CD as the perfect complements to your gift basket. It’s just the right way to relax after a long day of baking!

Sugar Scrub Recipes

Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub

(Adapted from White Cane Glimmer Sugar Scrub)

1 cup – C&H® Pure Cane Sugar
1 cup – light olive oil
4-5 drops vitamin E oil
5 or 6 drops – of cinnamon essential oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 16oz. – glass container with lid

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Using a spatula, transfer mix into the container and secure lid. Contents will settle, mix before using. Scoop a teaspoon or two of the scrub on your hands and gently massage in circular motions onto your skin. Leave on for 3 to 4 minutes before thoroughly rinsing. The scrub will tighten on your skin.

Sweet N’ Spicy Brown Sugar Scrub

1 cup – C&H® Dark or Light Brown Sugar
1 cup – C&H® Pure Cane Sugar
¾ cup – light olive oil
2 tsp. – cinnamon, powdered
2 tsp. – ginger, powdered
2 tsp. – nutmeg, powdered
1 16 oz. – glass container with lid
Cinnamon sticks, optional

In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients until thoroughly blended. Be sure to break up any lumps from the brown sugar or from the spices. Spoon into the glass container and secure with lid. Scoop a teaspoon or two of the scrub on your hands and gently massage in circular motions onto your skin. Leave on for 3 to 4 minutes before thoroughly rinsing. The scrub will tighten

FYI:  I have no idea about shelf life, we used them up fairly quick.

Be sure to visit C&H Sweet Ideas Page for more edible and non edible ideas they even have these wonderful gift tags you can download for free and print!

Who couldn’t use a little pampering around the holidays? Let me tell you, Allison and I both tried this, she was pretty skeptical about it and has very dry hands……she LOVED it! It made our hands very soft and silky!! – now she wants a jar of it! LOL

Disclosure: C& H Sugar provided me with a $20 gift card to help me with expenses in this project.

If you’re looking for another gift idea, and this would even be great packaged with a sugar scrub………

the last few years I burned some CD‘s of our favorite Christmas songs, and Amy at Living Locurto designed this great cover that I used last year, and she has it on her blog to download and print for FREE!! Thanks Amy!!

free printable Christmas CD cover

Here’s how I packaged the CD’s for gift giving last year.
I didn’t have a clear cello bag large enough to fit the cd, so I just used the roll of Christmas cello I have. I placed some green crinkle paper on the cello tied it up around the cd with some pretty red and green ribbon and tied on a cute ornament!

139 Responses to “Homemade Sugar Scrub {Recipes}”

1. jenjen posted on December 14, 2009 at 1:23 am (#

I love those salt scrubs. So fun! What a great idea. We gave Christmas music CD's away last year and it was a big hit.

Very fun ideas. Thanks for linking up!

XOXO
    Jen

2. jenjen posted on December 14, 2009 at 1:23 am (#

Very fun ideas. Thanks for linking up!

XOXO
    Jen

3. Jamie posted on December 14, 2009 at 1:35 am (#

I love the idea of giving away CD's of your favorite Christmas music! And the scrubs look amazing! I'm sure they will be a huge hit!

4. Jamie posted on December 14, 2009 at 1:35 am (#

5. { L } posted on December 14, 2009 at 3:16 am (#

This is adorable! …especially the way you decorated those little jars. You are truly talented and every visit here is a treat. :)

6. { L } posted on December 14, 2009 at 3:16 am (#

7. Christy posted on December 14, 2009 at 8:08 am (#

I just found your site and I'm hooked already. Love the scrub idea and those brownie/cookie things look amazing. I'm definitely going to try both. Thanks so much for the great ideas :)

8. Christy posted on December 14, 2009 at 8:08 am (#

9. Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst posted on December 14, 2009 at 10:04 am (#

Mm, these must smell so yummy! I love sugar scrubs. Delectable!

10. Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst posted on December 14, 2009 at 10:04 am (#

Mm, these must smell so yummy! I love sugar scrubs. Delectable!

11. Amy posted on December 14, 2009 at 10:09 am (#

Oh, these turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I am going to have to link up to these for my notebook day so I don't forget to make some of these for next year. I love your packaging!!

12. Amy posted on December 14, 2009 at 10:09 am (#

13. bridget {bake at 350} posted on December 14, 2009 at 11:07 am (#

That cinnamon vanilla scrub looks awesome, too! Did you make one for yourself?!?

14. bridget {bake at 350} posted on December 14, 2009 at 11:07 am (#

15. **Amy** posted on December 14, 2009 at 11:57 am (#

I have made peppermint sugar scrubs and love them. I am definitely going to have to give the cinnamon vanilla scrub a try. Those are my two favorite candle scents! Thanks so much for sharing!

16. **Amy** posted on December 14, 2009 at 11:57 am (#

17. Liz @ Sugarplum Creations posted on December 14, 2009 at 1:02 pm (#

Mmmm, those look great. I love this idea, and will definitely have to try it in the future!

18. Liz @ Sugarplum Creations posted on December 14, 2009 at 1:02 pm (#

19. jennykate77 posted on December 14, 2009 at 5:04 pm (#

LOVE the homemade sugar scrubs!!! They seem pretty easy too! I really love that they have the tags where you can print them from their site…so clever and cute!

20. jennykate77 posted on December 14, 2009 at 5:04 pm (#

21. Teresa posted on December 14, 2009 at 5:12 pm (#

TidyMom…you are just toooo much!
    I can't believe you handmade that Sugar Scrub that cost a fortune in spiffy bath spa boutiques! And those labels…unreal!
    I just can't get over all that you do!
    Does your hubby ever walk around growling about you being on the computer…POSTING!
    Last night I was up at 12:45 (hubby in bed) still posting!
    Lately I've been referring to him as
    "Wifeless in Seattle" due to being married to a BLOGGER! Ha!
    XXOOXX

22. Teresa posted on December 14, 2009 at 5:12 pm (#

TidyMom…you are just toooo much!
    I just can't get over all that you do!
    Last night I was up at 12:45 (hubby in bed) still posting!
    Lately I've been referring to him as
    "Wifeless in Seattle" due to being married to a BLOGGER! Ha!
    XXOOXX

23. Amanda @ Serenity Now posted on December 14, 2009 at 5:50 pm (#

Gorgeous photos!!! The gifts look amazing. :) MY friend L just gifted me with a brown sugar body scrub last night that she made herself. I was so excited!

24. Amanda @ Serenity Now posted on December 14, 2009 at 5:50 pm (#

25. Amy @ Living Locurto posted on December 14, 2009 at 10:31 pm (#

I wish I had time to make some scrubs. That sounds wonderful. Thanks for the shout out!!

26. Amy @ Living Locurto posted on December 14, 2009 at 10:31 pm (#

27. Katie posted on December 15, 2009 at 12:48 am (#

I love how you packaged your sugar scrubs, the presentation is so lovely!

28. Katie posted on December 15, 2009 at 12:48 am (#

I love how you packaged your sugar scrubs, the presentation is so lovely!

29. Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking posted on December 15, 2009 at 1:44 am (#

LOVE sugar scrubs! I can't wait to make these!

30. Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking posted on December 15, 2009 at 1:44 am (#

LOVE sugar scrubs! I can't wait to make these!

31. Angie @ The Shabby Chic Cottage posted on December 15, 2009 at 1:38 pm (#

What a great idea! Thanks for the recipes!

32. Angie @ The Shabby Chic Cottage posted on December 15, 2009 at 1:38 pm (#

What a great idea! Thanks for the recipes!

33. Sheri posted on December 15, 2009 at 2:43 pm (#

I think this idea is just in time for Christmas! At least for those of us that have only purchased two gifts so far…. I've posted a link on childmade.com. Thanks for sharing!

34. Sheri posted on December 15, 2009 at 2:43 pm (#

35. Rudy Rukus posted on December 15, 2009 at 6:27 pm (#

What an awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing that is the coolest gift idea I have seen!

36. Rudy Rukus posted on December 15, 2009 at 6:27 pm (#

37. paperglueetc posted on December 15, 2009 at 8:47 pm (#

I have made 15 jars of the brown sugar scrub, I love love love it. I used almondy oil though and it was expensive will use olive oil for my next 3….thanks!

38. paperglueetc posted on December 15, 2009 at 8:47 pm (#

39. Tiffany @ Eat at Home posted on December 16, 2009 at 1:12 pm (#

Your sugar scrub is packaged so pretty. I make sugar scrub with white sugar, but I've never tried brown sugar. Also, I always put it in a plastic container so I can have it in the shower and not risk breaking glass in there.

40. Tiffany @ Eat at Home posted on December 16, 2009 at 1:12 pm (#

41. Michelle posted on December 16, 2009 at 3:31 pm (#

I'm with you, I love fast and easy projects… especially this time of year when there are SO many things going on! Those look easy enough to tackle in a few hours time & pretty enough for people to think you've spent all day. Thanks for posting!!

42. Michelle posted on December 16, 2009 at 3:31 pm (#

43. Cha Cha posted on December 16, 2009 at 4:54 pm (#

I'm drooling for the one with cinnamon it is my favorite scent. MERRY CHRISTMAS

44. Cha Cha posted on December 16, 2009 at 4:54 pm (#

I'm drooling for the one with cinnamon it is my favorite scent. MERRY CHRISTMAS

45. Cindy posted on December 16, 2009 at 10:07 pm (#

I love sugar and salt scrubs…I make my own cold process soap, so I usually have all the ingredients to whip some up. This post reminds me I haven't done it in a LONG TIME! Your packaging is so darn cute too.

Thanks for linking up to Mi4M! Glad to have you :)

46. Cindy posted on December 16, 2009 at 10:07 pm (#

Thanks for linking up to Mi4M! Glad to have you :)

47. Jerri posted on December 17, 2009 at 10:59 pm (#

I'm not a very crafty person either. Like you, I'm into the quick and simple. I love this idea! I've seen a couple of different "recipes" for homemade bath products, and I've been very tempted to try them out. But this is the first that I've seen made with sugar. And they look so nice! I may have to put this on my "to do" list for next year!

48. Jerri posted on December 17, 2009 at 10:59 pm (#

49. Lenetta @ Nettacow posted on December 19, 2009 at 3:57 pm (#

Is it wrong that these are making me hungry? :>) I linked to them on my weekly roundup – post is here. Thanks for sharing!

50. Lenetta @ Nettacow posted on December 19, 2009 at 3:57 pm (#

1. Pingback: Mother’s Day ideas | TidyMom

2. Pingback: Top 2009 TidyMom projects | TidyMom

3. Pingback: Nicole

4. Pingback: Tidymom

5. Pingback: Crazy Christmas Crafters

6. Pingback: DIY Montag – Kosmetik selbermachen | Handmade Tarts Blog

7. Pingback: monogram oranament tutorial {from tidy mom}

8. Pingback: 16 Homemade Gift Ideas in a Jar | TidyMom

9. Pingback: DIY Christmas Gift Ideas: Gift In A Jar Cookies, Bath and Body and Even Pies | All In One Mom

10. Pingback: Links to Love: A Holiday Edition (Week 3) | MomOf6

11. Pingback: Gifts in a jar « Black Cat Originals

12. Pingback: Distraction

13. Pingback: Nutmeggle (nutmeggle) | Pearltrees

14. Pingback: DIY wedding Wednesday - Make your own wedding favors | Handmade Future

15. Pingback: Five Summer Sugar Scrup Recipes | Skip To My Lou

16. Pingback: More than 100 homemade gift ideas that don’t suck

17. Pingback: Gifts in a Jar: Ideas for Holiday Giving « eversaveblog

18. Pingback: Day 9: A Handmade Christmas | milktea bliss

19. Pingback: Homemade Sugar Scrub | Upcycled Fashionista

20. Pingback: DIY Gift Jar Round-Up | The Home Heart

21. Pingback: Last Minute Meaningful Gifts on a Budget - Frugal Mom Eh!

22. Pingback: Filled Asian Appetizers Names | Cooking Recipes

23. Pingback: Filled Bundt Cake Recipes | Cooking Recipes

24. Pingback: Filled Cupcake Recipes | Cooking Recipes

25. Pingback: Filled Cupcake Recipes from Scratch | Cooking Recipes

26. Pingback: 15 DIY Sugar Scrub Recipes

27. Pingback: 10 Easy and Inexpensive Mother's Day Gifts / Six Sisters' Stuff | Six Sisters' Stuff

28. Pingback: 44 Creative DIY Christmas Gifts in a Jar | Dodo Burd

29. Pingback: 20 Homemade Gifts In A Jar

30. Pingback: Paleo Lipton Soup Recipes Meatloaf Lipton Onion Soup Mix | Paleo

31. Pingback: Infertility Gifts – Pregnancy Miracle

32. Pingback: DIY Hand Painted Holiday mugs | TidyMom

33. Pingback: Fishy Gifts | Fishing and all things Fishing

34. Pingback: Welcome to the Rustic Pioneer blog! | Rusticpioneer

35. Pingback: Quick Ways How To Make Money Jar | Tube Marketing

36. Pingback: Can You Reverse Infertility Gifts | Pregnancy Site

37. Pingback: Best Sleeping Pill Ambien Jar | orde site

38. Pingback: Best Hgh Releaser Bodybuilding Gifts | Skin Care Site

39. Pingback: Best Anti Aging Happy Face Cream Jar | kollag site

40. Pingback: Hysterectomy Gifts | Fibroids Site

41. Pingback: Humulin Insulin You Can Not Mix | Gf20 Site

42. Pingback: Best Anti Aging Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream Jar | eyelas site

43. Pingback: 17 Day Diet Instant Tomato Soup Mix | WEIGHT LOSS HEALTH QUEST

44. Pingback: Over The Counter Yeast Infection Treatment Pill Jar | Yeast Infection

45. Pingback: Wedding Speeches Will You Be My Bridesmaid Cookies | Wedding Speech Site

46. Pingback: Thoughtful Frugal Holiday Gift Ideas Jar | Online Gift Ideas