I stick with SIMPLE projects.
But I learned something this week…….
***I CAN be crafty!***
I have found a new SIMPLE project that I had a lot of fun with over the weekend!
I made some fun easy Valentine picture frames!
I can’t wait to make more of these (and I will certainly be doing these for Christmas this year!)
Like I said, these are really easy (and cheap).
But since some of you may be a little “crafty challenged” like I am, and like “visuals”, I made a tutorial to so you can make your own!
(you can click on the pictures to see larger)
Frame(s) – I got these for $1.00 each at Michaels
1) Get some unfinished wood frames
2) Stain the parts that will not be covered by paper. That means, the back, the inside and outside edges and the little doll rod.
Let the stain dry.
3) I forgot to take a picture of the next step – but you want to cover the front of the frame with a nice layer of ModPodge using your sponge brush. Let it “set” for about 30 seconds, then apply another layer of Mod Podge. Next place your scrapbook paper on top and smooth out bubbles.
4) Now you want to lay the frame face down and cut the paper around the frame, and the center.
Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be perfect – we’re going to sand the edges next.
6) Next you want to use your ink/stain pad to cover up all of the white edges you got from sanding.
Run the stain pad over the edges, you can play with this part and stain as much or as little as you wish. If you tilt the pad, you will get more stain on the frame.
Then……there you go! some great lookin’ frames!