Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule
Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule is the perfect summer cocktail. It’s a traditional Moscow Mule with vodka, ginger beer and lime, that gets fresh strawberries and basil muddled into the mixture. It’s the best cocktail out there for Summer and you should probably be drinking one over the weekend.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
I recently mentioned that May is National Strawberry Month. So I’ve committed to celebrating all month long, consuming delicious fresh strawberry recipes! 😉
I made these fun cocktails. This is a Moscow Mule, but with the addition of juicy strawberries and fresh basil. And yes, they are totally as awesome as they sound. And easy too, which is a must for summer!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
My daughter and I have been a bit obsessed with Moscow Mules for the last year or two. They are easy to make at home, really good……and how fun is it to sip out of an ice cold copper mug?
If you aren’t familiar, a Moscow Mule is a cocktail made with vodka, fizzy ginger beer (NOT ginger ale), and lime juice served over crushed ice in a copper mug. It’s sophisticated but simple.
To summer-fy the Moscow Mule, I just added fresh strawberries and basil. The strawberries provide a little sweetness, with a suggestion of spice from the basil.
The true signature of this mixed drink is the copper mug, not only for presentation, but it also offers an extra-cool sensation. The metal quickly takes on the icy temperature of the cocktail offering a frozen sensation on your lips, especially good for summertime drinking!
Using a muddler, or the end of a wooden spoon, smash the strawberries and basil with a splash of ginger beer until the juices are fully released.
I have done this right in the copper mug, or you can do it in a shaker and strain it into the mug. Either way is delicious – but I like the pieces of strawberries in my drink 😉
SHOP THIS POST
If the combo of strawberry, basil, ginger, and vodka have not yet sold you, just look at how pretty these are?? I’m thinking backyard BBQ drink FOR SURE.
Raise your perfectly-sweet-and-tangy Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule mug to summer!!
Summer is the season of all things patio and brings about many fruity dishes and beverages, and this Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule just screams Summer to me…
Table of Contents
Like this Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule Recipe? Pin It!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, home tips, creative ideas and ask questions and see what’s new with TidyMom! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #tidymom so I can see all the wonderful TidyMom recipes YOU make and tips YOU use!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule is the perfect summer cocktail. Made like a traditional Moscow Mule with vodka, ginger beer and lime, with the addition of muddled fresh strawberries and basil.
- 3-4 medium to large ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered (plus extra for garnish)
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 ½ -3 ounce Vodka
- juice from 1 lime (about 1 ounce)
- crushed ice
- 2-3 ounce chilled ginger beer
- 1-2 teaspoon agave for a sweeter drink
you will also need:
- copper mug*
- muddler or wooden spoon
- Place strawberries, basil and a splash of ginger beer in copper mug and muddle by using a muddler or the bottom of a wooden spoon to smash the berries and basil together for 1- 2 minutes, until juices are fully released. Pour in the lime juice and vodka. Stir and let sit and macerate for a few minutes.
- Fill mug about 3/4 of the way full with crushed ice and top off with chilled ginger beer. Stir with a spoon and garnish with a fresh strawberry and basil leaf. Enjoy!
- NOTES: You can also mix using a shaker and strainer.Simply muddle strawberries and basil with a splash of ginger beer in shaker. Add the lime juice and vodka to the shaker and fill three quarters of the way with ice. Shake until chilled, about 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into the copper mug and top off with chilled ginger beer and stir. Garnish and enjoy.
- For a sweeter drink:add agave nectar when muddling berries.
While Moscow Mules are best served in a copper mug to keep the libation chilled, you can serve them in a highball glass.
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.