Coke Float Popsicles
traditional popsicles and dirty coke poptails
Of course, we always serve Coke at all of our parties and get-togethers, but I thought it would be fun to serve some frozen on a stick to celebrate Dad and his favorite drink. Let’s enjoy a traditional Coke Float Popsicle by way of ice cold Coke, vanilla ice cream….and don’t forget the cherry on top!
I have a whole lot of fun for you today!! First off, I’m excited to be partnering up with Coca-Cola once again and I have two Coke Float Popsicle Ideas for Father’s Day or any day! Keep reading for all the sweet details.
Did you know that you can create personalized Coke bottles with the names of your friends and family on them? In my husband’s opinion, the little glass bottles are the best! and he should know 😉 In the 29 years we’ve been married, Coke has always been his beverage of choice. We joke that he bleeds Coke.
Since Father’s Day and his birthday are just around the corner, I thought we could make them a little extra special by personalizing the iconic eight-ounce glass “Share a Coke” bottles with “Dad” and “Steve” from ShareaCoke.com.
Anything customized is is always more fun! right? What Dad wouldn’t love his name on a Coke bottle? 😉 From Father’s Day to graduations, birthdays to weddings, summer barbecues to Fourth of July, “Share a Coke” is perfect for celebrating life’s most shareable moments.
The key to using carbonated soda in a popsicle is to use flat soda. Just open the soda, pour it into a glass and let it sit an hour or more in the refrigerator, so it stays cold, but loses some of the fizz.
Traditional Coke Float Popsicles
- Fill popsicle mold a quarter of the way up with flat Coke. Place 1-2 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream into form, drop one maraschino cherry into the mold and pour a little more coke on top. Leave about 1/4″ on top for the popsicle to expand when it freezes.
- Freeze for about 1-2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and continue freezing popsicles for at least 5 hours, or overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for 2-3 seconds.
Have you heard of a Dirty Coke? It’s a Coke served with coconut, lime, and cream. Well, we’ve made Dirty Coke Popsicles in the past, but this time I decided to make a Dirty Coke Poptail; a Creamy Coconut and Lime popsicle served upside down in a glass of ice cold Coke. The creamy coconut and lime popsicles are good all on their own, but once they’re dunked in a glass of ice-cold Coke the flavors start mixing and the party starts.
Dirty Coke Float Poptails
- 6 (eight-ounce bottles) Coca-Cola, ice cold
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lime, zest, and juice
- 1-2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- Puree coconut milk, lime zest, lime juice, sugar and coconut in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds. Freeze for about 1-2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and continue freezing popsicles for at least 5 hours, or overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
both Coke Float Popsicles were a big hit with the family, and make a great treat for entertaining.
Get your personalized iconic eight-ounce glass “Share a Coke” bottles from ShareaCoke.com.
Now for the real fun!! I get to help ONE of you share a Coke with family, friends and loved ones during a special moment this summer! Let’s move on with all the details……….
THE PRIZE: ($1,700 Approximate Retail Value)
Win It: One lucky TidyMom reader will WIN a “Share a Coke” prize pack, which consists of vouchers for two round-trip flights on United Airlines to anywhere in the continental U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America or Hawaii and a $500 Visa gift card ($1,700 Approximate Retail Value). The flights can be redeemed through voucher codes on United.com and will be good for one year from the issue date.
How to Enter:
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED – winner announced in widget below
Leave a comment at the end of this post telling me “How do you celebrate sharable moments with friends and family?” Then, complete the steps in the giveaway widget (below), to officially enter.
Earn additional entries, by creating a custom Pinterest board!
Personal information will not be shared or used for any kind of mailing list, it’s simply used by me to select and contact the winner.
Click the image below for more Coca-Cola Ideas: Recipes, crafts, and entertaining!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Coca-Cola “Share a Coke” 2.0. This prize was provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this sweepstakes.