Chocolate Face Mask Recipe +Happy Birthday Printable Gift Tag
No matter how many candles you blow out on your birthday cake, most of us enjoy birthdays. I don’t know about you, but celebrating someone else’s birthday is always more fun! But coming up with unique gift ideas is often tough, that’s why I’m super excited to share my Chocolate Face Mask Recipe +Happy Birthday Printable Gift Tag.
Since almost everyone loves chocolate, and I’m obsessed with Chocolate Facials you can do at home, I’m sharing a Chocolate Face Mask Gift Idea. It’s one of the best ways to relax and rejuvenate yourself after a tiring week and a cheaper alternative to heading to the spa.
This gift is versatile for any occasion, and can be gifted to your girl friends, family, teachers, neighbors almost anyone. Even more fabulous–it costs under $5 to make, and I have coordinating printable to make it super simple to gift. Be sure to make some for yourself while you’re at it!
Last year I shared how to make your own DIY All Natural 2- Ingredient Chocolate Facial. which I LOVE. But I have another DIY Chocolate Face Mask Recipe that I also enjoy and packaged up cute, would make a great gift! It so simple to relax your mind while you pamper your body and soothe your soul with chocolate!
This decadent chocolate facial mask recipe is ideal for most skin types. It’s filled with antioxidants that rejuvenate the skin, and will leave your face smooth, soft, and glowing.
Why is this Chocolate Face Mask good for you?
- Chocolate is a great mood booster. Its scent and properties elevate levels of serotonin – a natural antidepressant. Chocolate produces endorphins in the brain that create feelings of happiness which help reduce stress. Even the smell of chocolate can have a calming effect. – pretty cool huh?
- Cocoa powder is a wonderful and powerful antioxidant. It protects and frees the skin from free radicals, that cause significant damage to skin layers. German researchers found that the flavonoids in dark chocolate absorb UV light, help protect and increase blood flow to the skin, and improve skin’s hydration and complexion. – I knew there was a good reason to LOVE chocolate!
- Oatmeal is gentle on the skin, yet highly powerful. Not only is it a gentile exfoliant for removing dead skin, it can also provide soothing relief from sunburn, poison ivy or other irritations. Oatmeal is also said to heal skin and open pores. It’s been used to promote healthy, beautiful skin for a long time.
- Honey is a great anti-bacterial agent, deeply cleanses your skin, and opens up clogged pores.
- Cream adds moisture to your skin. Hydrates your skin and softens delaying the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Since this recipe contains milk (or cream) I decided it would be best to deconstruct it for a gifting, and include the recipe and directions on a Happy Birthday Gift Tag!
I recycled a Starbucks Frappuccino bottle, spray painted the lid gold, filled it with 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and 1/2 cup oat meal powder (enough to make 2 recipes).
I then tied on the Chocolate Birthday Gift Tags I made. Simply print, cut and fold in half. It says “May Your Birthday be filled with CHOCOLATE and LOVE” on the front, and the recipe to make a chocolate face mask on the back, and it’s blank on the inside so you can write a little note and sign your name.
You could include a bottle of honey and a brush, it would also be cute to add a wash cloth, hand towel and chocolate bar and put it all in a basket to give someone you’d like to spoil! All they will need to add is milk or cream, plus they will have the full recipe to make more if they’d like!
All Natural Chocolate Face Mask
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons milk (or cream)
- Grind oats in blender or food processor to form a powder.
- Stir together oatmeal powder, cocoa powder honey and milk.
- Apply to a clean face, leave on for 20 minutes, then wipe with a warm towel.
- Place any remaining mask in a storage container and keep refrigerated for up to one week.
Making this recipe? Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #TidyMom so we can see what you're creating in the kitchen!
Want more great recipes like this? Follow my TidyMom Easy Recipes Pinterest Board
Like this Chocolate Face Mask Recipe and Gift Idea? Pin It!