Freebies

Quick Bread: A Holiday Gift from the Kitchen

No matter what time of year, quick breads have long been an edible gift that is shared with friends, family co-workers and neighbors.   They are so easy to mix up and bake, easy to wrap up and are very portable.  The flavor combinations are almost endless.

Here are 6  tried and true homemade quick bread recipes you can make with love from your kitchen to your friends and family.

6 quick bread recipes great for gift giving at TidyMom.net

• Worlds Best Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips – this recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread has earned me the title of Best Mom in the World for several years now.   The secret ingredient that makes this Banana Bread Recipe above the rest………….. cinnamon!  Give it a try, maybe you’ll earn the Best Mom in the World award from your family too!

• Cranberry Lime Loaf – Carolyn’s low carb, gluten free  quick bread recipe pairs beautifully with a morning cup of coffee.
  • Eggnog Chocolate Chip Bread – Eggnog isn’t Jessica’s cup of , well… eggnog, when it comes to using it in beverage form.  But she loves baking with it.  She says this quick bread is not overly eggnog-y. The flavor is there but somewhat minimal. Chances are if you do not like eggnog, you will probably still enjoy this bread!
  • Apple Pie Bread – like most food bloggers, Jamie rarely makes the same recipe more than a couple of times, but she made this quick bread FOUR times in 2 WEEKS!  She just couldn’t get enough of the sweet apples, blended with an enthusiastically spiced batter and finished with a nutty, streusel topping .
  • Pumpkin Bread – If you’re a lover of spice breads, Shaina says you will be drooling at the door for this quick bread that’s a favorite in her house.  Even little hands enjoy joining in to help mix and gobble it up!
  • Triple Chocolate Malt Bread – Kristen’s quick bread combines chocolate, malt, cinnamon…flavors that are certainly bold enough to stand on their own but blended together they create a beautiful medley of flavors that is so different, subtle and so unexpected you go back in for another bite just so your mouth can explore some more.

5 reasons why Quick Breads Make a Great Gift

1. Most quick bread recipes can easily be multiplied to make several batches for many gifts in one afternoon.
      2. Quick breads can be made ahead of time and stored in your freezer.  Making last minute gifts a breeze!
      3. Quick breads are, simply put, quick and and easy. Essentially you dump ingredients in a bowl, stir, bake, and then be rewarded with a warm golden loaf.  No need to be a pro in the kitchen to achieve success!
      4. There are SO many recipes, variations, and mix-ins.  The variety of quick bread recipes is almost endless.
      5. They are easy to package for gifts

Christmas Gift  Tags for Quick Bread from LivingLocurto at TidyMom.net

How to Package Quick Bread for Gifting

Packaging your bread for gift giving is super easy.  You can bake your loaves in pretty disposable cardboard pans, place in a clear cellophane bag ,  tape a thin piece of wrapping paper or ribbon around the loaf and print your FREE Gift Tag from Living Locurto

Other options:
  • Bake in mini loaf pans, remove your bread from the pans, cover in plastic wrap, wrap a pretty ribbon around it and print your FREE Gift Tag to place on top!
  • Make the loaf pan part of the gift.  Pick up a nice ceramic loaf pan to bake your bread and follow directions as above.
  • Buy a pretty kitchen towel, wrap loaf of bread in parchment paper or plastic wrap, place bread in center of kitchen towel, Bring both sides up and fold down, fold ends under loaf of bread and secure with scotch tape and wrap a ribbon around the loaf and place gift tag on top.
  • Wrap loaf in white or brown parchment paper, tie with bakers twine and top with gift tag.

Free Christmas Tags to print from LivingLocurto.com

Visit Living Locurto for your FREE Holiday Gift Tags

Are you in the throws of shopping, planning, trimming, and baking ? …making magic happen?

What’s your favorite quick bread to make?

35 Responses to “Quick Bread: A Holiday Gift from the Kitchen”

1. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. posted on December 3, 2012 at 7:10 am (#

love these Cheryl! Nothing nicer than a homemade gift

2. Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:02 am (#

I am doing lots of baking for Christmas this year, so I love this post. And the tags are adorable!

3. Brian @ A Thought For Food posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:03 am (#

I’m not much of a bread baker (though I’m trying to change that) but quick breads have always been my cup of tea (or, I guess, my loaf of bread).

4. marla posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:07 am (#

So many great recipe options here Cheryl ~ thanks for putting them all in one place!

5. Amy @ Living Locurto posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:09 am (#

Great recipes here. I can’t decide…. I will just stick to your Chocolate Banana Bread recipe:-) Thanks for featuring my tags!

6. bridget {bake at 350} posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:16 am (#

All of these sound delicious! And the tags are perfect for giving! I just ordered new loaf pans (regular & mini) for Christmas baking!

7. Amanda Padgett posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:21 am (#

Great round-up! I pinned to my bread board at Pinterest so I can try these out this month. Thanks!

8. Leigh Anne@YourHomebasedMom posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:34 am (#

They all look delicious – can’t wait to try the gluten free one for my gluten free girl!

9. Maria posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:51 am (#

I want to try them all!

10. Allison [Girl's Guide to Social Media] posted on December 3, 2012 at 8:58 am (#

Perfect!! Quick breads are one of my homemade gift staples and I am always looking for new recipes. Thanks!

11. Amanda posted on December 3, 2012 at 9:06 am (#

What a perfectly timed post… I totally needed some good quick bread recipes! I want to try them all!

12. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective posted on December 3, 2012 at 9:09 am (#

Oh Cheryl, that cranberry loaf looks and sounds amazing! Cute tags. :)

13. HeatherChristo posted on December 3, 2012 at 9:48 am (#

What a wonderful post and a great idea for everyone for homemade gifts! Love the tags!

14. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on December 3, 2012 at 11:27 am (#

those all sound great, I love giving treats as gifts

15. Deliciously Organic posted on December 3, 2012 at 11:57 am (#

I love a good quick bread. Thank you for all of the ideas!

16. shelly (cookies and cups) posted on December 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm (#

These all look so good! Especially that Cranberry lime loaf that Carolyn did!

17. nest of posies posted on December 3, 2012 at 12:59 pm (#

LOVE this post, because I LOVE carbs, especially carbs from bread. ;)

18. Jeanette posted on December 3, 2012 at 1:10 pm (#

Quickbreads do make great holiday gifts – thanks for the inspiration Cheryl! Much easier to make than hundreds of cookies!

19. Colette @ JFF! posted on December 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm (#

I tried a quick beer bread once, but it was terrible.
    Can’t wait to try your recipe…

20. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen posted on December 3, 2012 at 4:50 pm (#

It sounds mean, but I seriously want to kick everyone out of the house, crank up the Christmas music, and bake for 2 days! There’s been so many interruptions lately that it seems like I can’t get things done….

These all look so fabulous!

21. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on December 3, 2012 at 9:37 pm (#

Quick breads are my favorite gift to give :)

22. Paula posted on December 3, 2012 at 9:45 pm (#

Love quick breads, giving and receiving. These are all new recipes for me and they all look and sound like keepers. That apple pie bread has me really curious to see what it tastes like.

23. Sue posted on December 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm (#

These recipes sound DELICIOUS and I have a ton of aluminum, throw-away loaf pans~perfect!

24. Kristen posted on December 3, 2012 at 11:27 pm (#

Quick breads are the perfect gift, that’s for sure! Thanks for sharing the chocolate malt bread with others!

25. Carolyn posted on December 4, 2012 at 5:04 am (#

Thanks for including me, Cheryl. You’re right…I often forget about quick bread as a gift option!

26. Kelly posted on December 4, 2012 at 7:19 am (#

Fabulous round up — and who doesn’t love quick bread recipes? Thanks for sharing, Cheryl! Hugs.

27. Lisa | With Style and Grace posted on December 4, 2012 at 11:09 pm (#

I love gifting quick breads!

28. Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles posted on December 5, 2012 at 8:03 am (#

I am a huge fan of quick breads. All these sound delicious. And what a great gift to give or receive!

29. aida mollenkamp posted on December 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm (#

Such a great assortment, Cheryl!

1. Pingback: Edible Homemade Gifts for the Holidays | Food for My Family

2. Pingback: Pineapple Banana Humming Bird Loaf | TidyMom

3. Pingback: chocolate zucchini bread recipe | TidyMom

4. Pingback: DIY Hand Painted Holiday mugs | TidyMom

5. Pingback: Happy Holidays: DIY Stenciled Holiday Tea Towel -- Tatertots and Jello

6. Pingback: DIY Stenciled Towel | TidyMom