No matter what time of year, quick breads have long been an edible gift that is shared with friends, family co-workers and neighbors. They are so easy to mix up and bake, easy to wrap up and are very portable. The flavor combinations are almost endless.
Here are 6 tried and true homemade quick bread recipes you can make with love from your kitchen to your friends and family.
- Worlds Best Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips – this recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread has earned me the title of Best Mom in the World for several years now. The secret ingredient that makes this Banana Bread Recipe above the rest………….. cinnamon! Give it a try, maybe you’ll earn the Best Mom in the World award from your family too!
- Cranberry Lime Loaf – Carolyn’s low carb, gluten free quick bread recipe pairs beautifully with a morning cup of coffee.
- Eggnog Chocolate Chip Bread – Eggnog isn’t Jessica’s cup of , well… eggnog, when it comes to using it in beverage form. But she loves baking with it. She says this quick bread is not overly eggnog-y. The flavor is there but somewhat minimal. Chances are if you do not like eggnog, you will probably still enjoy this bread!
- Apple Pie Bread – like most food bloggers, Jamie rarely makes the same recipe more than a couple of times, but she made this quick bread FOUR times in 2 WEEKS! She just couldn’t get enough of the sweet apples, blended with an enthusiastically spiced batter and finished with a nutty, streusel topping .
- Pumpkin Bread – If you’re a lover of spice breads, Shaina says you will be drooling at the door for this quick bread that’s a favorite in her house. Even little hands enjoy joining in to help mix and gobble it up!
- Triple Chocolate Malt Bread – Kristen’s quick bread combines chocolate, malt, cinnamon…flavors that are certainly bold enough to stand on their own but blended together they create a beautiful medley of flavors that is so different, subtle and so unexpected you go back in for another bite just so your mouth can explore some more.
5 reasons why Quick Breads Make a Great Gift
- Most quick bread recipes can easily be multiplied to make several batches for many gifts in one afternoon.
- Quick breads can be made ahead of time and stored in your freezer. Making last minute gifts a breeze!
- Quick breads are, simply put, quick and and easy. Essentially you dump ingredients in a bowl, stir, bake, and then be rewarded with a warm golden loaf. No need to be a pro in the kitchen to achieve success!
- There are SO many recipes, variations, and mix-ins. The variety of quick bread recipes is almost endless.
- They are easy to package for gifts
How to Package Quick Bread for Gifting
Packaging your bread for gift giving is super easy. You can bake your loaves in pretty disposable cardboard pans, place in a clear cellophane bag , tape a thin piece of wrapping paper or ribbon around the loaf and print your FREE Gift Tag from Living Locurto
- Bake in mini loaf pans, remove your bread from the pans, cover in plastic wrap, wrap a pretty ribbon around it and print your FREE Gift Tag to place on top!
- Make the loaf pan part of the gift. Pick up a nice ceramic loaf pan to bake your bread and follow directions as above.
- Buy a pretty kitchen towel, wrap loaf of bread in parchment paper or plastic wrap, place bread in center of kitchen towel, Bring both sides up and fold down, fold ends under loaf of bread and secure with scotch tape and wrap a ribbon around the loaf and place gift tag on top.
- Wrap loaf in white or brown parchment paper, tie with bakers twine and top with gift tag.
Visit Living Locurto for your FREE Holiday Gift Tags
Are you in the throws of shopping, planning, trimming, and baking ? …making magic happen?
What’s your favorite quick bread to make?