Like many, coffee IS my morning ritual. Without fail…even sick or hurried or a to-do list a mile long, I make coffee as soon as I get out of bed. It brings me a sense of peace and calm when I get a waif of that soothing aroma coming from my mug. If I have some where to be in the morning, I will make sure I get up early enough for at least a half hour to sit and sip at least one cup of coffee.
You can’t have a “fast cup of coffee” it’s a drink you sit and enjoy, which means no matter how rushed I am, I know I’m going to sit and slow down for just bit. Before I put on my make up, do my hair, or even begin my day.
With all the warm weather we’ve been having, I’ve found a way to enjoy my coffee in the middle of the day. Thanks to International Delight and their fabulous selection of flavored creamers, Allison and I have been making iced coffees a few afternoons a week. It’s become our little afternoon ritual together. She will be turning 16 in just a few short weeks, and I know our time together is going to become less and less, so I’m trying to take advantage all I can right now, by louring her in with chocolate, and mint!
Right now our favorite has been International Delight creamer, York Peppermint Pattie. HELLO! That’s my favorite candy! and we’ve been using it to make Homemade Peppermint Pattie Iced Coffee.
There’s really no “recipe”, but here’s what we do
Enjoy the flavor of cool peppermint and smooth dark chocolate of a YORK® Peppermint Pattie in a refreshing iced coffee!
- 6 oz coffee brewed over ice (I prefer to use a vanilla flavored coffee)
- chocolate syrup
- International Delight York Peppermint Pattie Creamer
- Whipped Cream
- Fill 12-16 ounce plastic tumbler full of ice. (We love our Starbucks Tumblers
- Drizzle a little chocolate syrup over ice.
- Brew coffee right into cup (or pour freshly brewed coffee if you don't have a Keurig)
- Pour creamer over iced coffee (I use 2 single serve creamers)
- Top with whipped cream and another drizzle of chocolate.
- Enjoy with a straw.
adjust creamer and chocolate to your liking. You could also make this in the blender for a delicious frozen Frappe.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
If you are reading this post via email or a reader, you will want to click over to the blog to learn how to enter the International Delight $1,000 Dream Kitchen Sweepstakes on Pinterest.
Check out International Delight’s new Coffee Creamer packaging on Facebook!
1) Re-pin my coffee moment photo on Pinterest
2) Come back! In the comment field below, tell me you pinned and share your special coffee moment.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight June Sponsored Conversation. The opinions and text are all mine. International Delight Sweepstakes and Rules.