DIY: Homemade Air Freshener
An economical and environmentally friendly way to keep your home odor free and fresh. DIY Homemade Air Freshener with baking soda to absorbs odors, and essential oil to give a light pleasant fragrance.
I don’t know about your house, but after having our house closed up all summer from all the record breaking heat, the air in our house could use a little “freshening up”. I was able to throw open the windows for a few days last week and it felt great!! While I was cleaning out the refrigerator one afternoon and replacing the box of baking soda I though about how well that orange box keeps my fridge fresh. Knowing what a great all natural deodorizer baking soda is, I decided to set some around the house. But the orange box doesn’t really go with my decor! So I grabbed a few canning jars I had lying around and dug thru my scrapbook paper and a few other supplies and had my own cute little air freshener in minutes! Perfect for the bathroom, bedroom, laundry room, or any room that you want to keep fresh! Supplies Needed to Make Homemade Air Freshener
- Canning Jar, any size (I used 1 pint wide mouth mason jar)
- ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda
- essential oil, your favorite fragrance (I used lavender)
- scrapbook paper
- spray paint, to match your paper or decor (optional)
- nail or thick needle
How to make Homemade Air Freshener:
- Spray paint the outer “ring” lid
- Use the disc shaped lid to trace on to your scrapbook paper, and cut out your circle.
- Fill your jar 1/2 full of ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda, then add about 8-12 drops of your favorite essential oil
- When the paint on the lid is dry, place the scrapbook paper inside the lid and screw onto jar. Using the nail, poke several holes it the paper
Place around your home to enjoy! Shake the jar gently every few days to revive the scent, and add more oil as needed.
The baking soda absorbs odors, and the essential oil gives a light pleasant smell. A much more economical and environmentally friendly way to keep your home odor free and fresh. I plan to change them out with holiday themed papers and scents during Halloween and Christmas too!! For now, I used Lavender in the bedroom to help sooth us to sleep and orange in the kitchen and bath, to energize us. I love all the great uses for baking soda! How about you? do you have any favorite ways to keep your home smelling fresh?
More Simple DIY Air Fresheners
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera