DIY/Crafts

How to: Felt {Valentine}Rosette Flower Pin

After seeing some of the wonderful felt heart wreaths around in blog world, like Amy’s and Robin’s………I started thinking, maybe I could make a pin, using the same concept.

How to make a felt rosette flower pin tutorial at TidyMom.net

I started with a 9×12 piece of red felt that I bought at Michaels. Grabbed a glass that was about 3″ in diameter, and traced 6 circles on my piece of felt, then cut them out.

Cut out Felt Circles

Next you can follow the steps in my picture.

(you also click the picture and choose to view in a larger size for detail)

• Take one circle, fold it in half,
  • then in half again.
  • Hand stitch thru the bottom point enough to keep it folded.
  • Then do the same with each of the circles. I just went from one to the next pulling my thread tightly to keep them all together(I just placed them randomly around each other, not in a stack…it will make sense when you’re making it, you basically want the tips sewn together). When I had all 6 pieces attached I put a few more stitches in to keep them nice and tight together.
  • Next sew them onto a little pin backing (you can these at Michaels in the jewelry making section).

How to make a felt rosette flower pin tutorial at TidyMom.net

Pin It

These were so easy and I love how they turned out! The red makes them perfect for Valentine’s Day!

You can wear them on a sweater or jacket, t-shirt, on a bag……or give as a gift!

How to make a felt rosette flower pin tutorial at TidyMom.net

You could even use them as embellishments on scarves, hats, or pillows – oh, you get the picture!……just sew them right on instead of pining them on!

***********************************

My talented friend Amy of Living Locurto is featuring another meal plan by me this week!!

Click here to see my meal plan for this week,

she makes it SO easy by putting my meal plan in a pdf file…..she even has a shopping list made up for each meal!

I’m linking this project post up at the following blog parties:

Metamorphosis Monday, Make it for Monday, Make it Mondays, Making the World Cuter, Just Something I whipped Up, Motivate Me Monday, Make Your Monday, Thrifty Decor Chick, Hoosier Homemade Valentine Party, It’s so very Creative, DIY Day, Today’s Creative Blog, Talented Tuesday, Tut Yourself Tuesday

102 Responses to “How to: Felt {Valentine}Rosette Flower Pin”

1. JessieLeigh posted on February 1, 2010 at 2:11 pm (#

This is just lovely! What a wonderful way to make a plain old bag or sweater bright and festive. Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday- this project may have to go on my to-do list.

2. JessieLeigh posted on February 1, 2010 at 2:11 pm (#

3. bridget {bake at 350} posted on February 1, 2010 at 2:13 pm (#

Now that is just adorable! OK…for me, the crafting idiot…did you stack all 6 pieces right on top of each other in a row and then fan them out once sewn?

Your collage how-to is so pretty!

4. bridget {bake at 350} posted on February 1, 2010 at 2:13 pm (#

Your collage how-to is so pretty!

5. Kaysi posted on February 1, 2010 at 3:01 pm (#

I love this! It seems simple enough that I could actually make it. Thanks for the tutorial!
    Kaysi @ Keeing It Simple

6. Kaysi posted on February 1, 2010 at 3:01 pm (#

Kaysi @ Keeing It Simple

7. Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} posted on February 1, 2010 at 4:17 pm (#

SO PRETTY! You are amazing!

8. Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} posted on February 1, 2010 at 4:17 pm (#

SO PRETTY! You are amazing!

9. marineswife posted on February 1, 2010 at 4:19 pm (#

That is really cute! And simple!

10. marineswife posted on February 1, 2010 at 4:19 pm (#

That is really cute! And simple!

11. Jenny posted on February 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm (#

So pretty! It looks great on the black and white bag!

12. Jenny posted on February 1, 2010 at 5:30 pm (#

So pretty! It looks great on the black and white bag!

13. Julie Bagamary posted on February 1, 2010 at 5:53 pm (#

Cute pin.

14. Julie Bagamary posted on February 1, 2010 at 5:53 pm (#

Cute pin.

15. Lynn Richards posted on February 1, 2010 at 6:41 pm (#

cheryl, this is waaay cute!! I can't wait to try it. Have you tried it with paper??? I think I will!
    Lynn

16. Lynn Richards posted on February 1, 2010 at 6:41 pm (#

Lynn

17. Elyse posted on February 1, 2010 at 8:02 pm (#

Just beautiful. I can't wait to decide what I will use these for after I make a bunch of them!

18. Elyse posted on February 1, 2010 at 8:02 pm (#

19. Centsational Girl posted on February 1, 2010 at 8:28 pm (#

J'adore ! Tres chic my dear.

20. Centsational Girl posted on February 1, 2010 at 8:28 pm (#

J'adore ! Tres chic my dear.

21. Amy {The Red Chair Blog} posted on February 1, 2010 at 8:46 pm (#

This is darling. Thanks for the clear tutorial!

22. Amy {The Red Chair Blog} posted on February 1, 2010 at 8:46 pm (#

This is darling. Thanks for the clear tutorial!

23. Katie posted on February 1, 2010 at 11:10 pm (#

Wow I love it, it looks so cute and fun! I need to make one now.

24. Katie posted on February 1, 2010 at 11:10 pm (#

Wow I love it, it looks so cute and fun! I need to make one now.

25. Infarrantly Creative posted on February 1, 2010 at 11:15 pm (#

HAHA that is so hilarious. I did the wreath as well and have been making pins all day. Brilliant minds think alike.

26. Infarrantly Creative posted on February 1, 2010 at 11:15 pm (#

27. Stephanie posted on February 1, 2010 at 11:57 pm (#

Just precious! I love it!

28. Stephanie posted on February 1, 2010 at 11:57 pm (#

Just precious! I love it!

29. **Amy** posted on February 2, 2010 at 1:12 am (#

What a clever twist! I love the pop of color it adds. Thanks for the link and all of the support for my blog!

30. **Amy** posted on February 2, 2010 at 1:12 am (#

31. Hoosier Homemade posted on February 2, 2010 at 10:05 am (#

I saw this post in my email yesterday! They are adorable! I'm so glad you added them to my Valentine Party!
    ~Liz

32. Hoosier Homemade posted on February 2, 2010 at 10:05 am (#

~Liz

33. Dawn posted on February 2, 2010 at 10:25 am (#

Thank you for sharing!! I have some red felt and I can't wait to try this for my girls and myself! Great idea-love it!

34. Dawn posted on February 2, 2010 at 10:25 am (#

35. Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com posted on February 2, 2010 at 10:44 am (#

Super cute idea!

Please feel free to stop by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and add your weekly craft links!

It's found at theherberfamily.blogspot.com

36. Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com posted on February 2, 2010 at 10:44 am (#

Super cute idea!

It's found at theherberfamily.blogspot.com

37. Jessi @ Yankee Belle Home posted on February 2, 2010 at 10:58 am (#

Love it! I think I like it on the black and white bag best. Thanks for sharing!

38. Jessi @ Yankee Belle Home posted on February 2, 2010 at 10:58 am (#

Love it! I think I like it on the black and white bag best. Thanks for sharing!

39. Denise posted on February 2, 2010 at 11:55 am (#

Adorable! I want some. Oh, the ways I could use this…..

40. Denise posted on February 2, 2010 at 11:55 am (#

Adorable! I want some. Oh, the ways I could use this…..

41. honeysuckle posted on February 2, 2010 at 12:33 pm (#

This is a great idea and I like your thinking of taking one thing and turning it into another using the same concept! Very clever. I will try it too. Thanks for sharing. Very good tutorial with all your pictures too.

42. honeysuckle posted on February 2, 2010 at 12:33 pm (#

43. PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood posted on February 2, 2010 at 1:05 pm (#

Thank you for sharing this…I want to make one for a hat!
    Cindy at Lakewood

44. PlantSomeRoots@Lakewood posted on February 2, 2010 at 1:05 pm (#

Thank you for sharing this…I want to make one for a hat!
    Cindy at Lakewood

45. Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage posted on February 2, 2010 at 1:28 pm (#

PRETTY PRETTY!! :) Thanks!

46. Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage posted on February 2, 2010 at 1:28 pm (#

PRETTY PRETTY!! :) Thanks!

47. Robin posted on February 2, 2010 at 1:37 pm (#

I love this and you make it look doable!
    xoxo
    Robin

48. Robin posted on February 2, 2010 at 1:37 pm (#

I love this and you make it look doable!
    xoxo
    Robin

49. cindi posted on February 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm (#

Very pretty. I like its simple elegance.

50. cindi posted on February 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm (#

Very pretty. I like its simple elegance.

1. Pingback: Happy 2011 {Best of 2010} | TidyMom