Homemade Frosty Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thankfully our 11 day heat wave of 100+ heat index has ended and we are now enjoying beautiful 80’s!
During that heat wave I didn’t want to cook much and I came across a few delicious summertime frozen drinks that I thought I’d share with you.
Last week, when I was visiting the recipe carnivals I found a drink that I just knew would be a hit in our house!
photo via Mom Advice
This yummy chocolate summertime treat tastes just like a Wendy’s Frosty! The original recipe is from The Hillbilly Housewife’s “Magic Milkshake”. Be sure to read her post for variations and explanation of ingredients.
Thanks to Amy, I’ve scored the “coolest mom ever” points by making this frosty treat several times already. So far our favorite has been with a scoop of peanut butter!
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ice water
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 1-1/2 trays of ice cubes, as much as you can spare
- 2 tablespoons corn oil plus a 5-second squirt of non-stick spray for emulsification purpose (I substitute the corn oil with canola oil & you can read her notes on why you need that non-stick spray)
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender, including the oil and the non-stick spray. Use less water for thicker milk shakes and more water for shakes that are easy on your blender motor. The blender should be about 3/4’s full.
- Place the lid on.
- Process for a full 2 minutes.
- Pour into cups and serve.
The original recipe is from The Hillbilly Housewife
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 12 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 52gProtein: 13g
Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients used and are just estimates. We encourage, especially if these numbers are important to you, to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
So pull out your blenders and enjoy some delicious Summer in Glass!
Hi there, I'm Cheryl!
As a wife, mom, and caffeine enthusiast, my journey has taken me from bustling mornings with my family to sharing delicious recipes, home care tips, and heartfelt decorating insights with wonderful readers like you. My love for baking, photography, and tidiness shines through every post I craft. Dive into my world and discover the art of homemaking, one tidy moment at a time. Read more...
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.