Decorating Dilemma Help Needed!
I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get some help!
For as long as I can remember, I’ve decorated my house in a country style, more on the primitive country side, than the “cutesy” country. My family built country furniture and had a business selling it and country home decor. So for 15 years, it’s what I had access to – I loved it, and still do……..but I’m slowing growing tired of some of it.
I love most of my furniture, most all of my wood furniture was built by my Dad and brother (except for the oak pieces) You can read a post about a lot of my furniture in this post.
I would like to clean up the “clutter” and darkness of some of my decor, like I did with my new office last year (see my office here) I want to keep all of the painted furniture (that was all made by my family), a few of those pieces I don’t mind painting – like my coffee table and end table.
So, here’s my first challenge………my family room. I would love some feedback on how to start making some changes (that wont break the bank)
- I don’t want to paint (we painted the whole house just a few years ago)
- I’d like fitted slipcovers for the couches – but not in the budget at the moment *I should not my mom gave us these couches and PB slipcovers – but they’re not fitted and we use these way too much for the non-fitted slipcovers (I put them on the couch in the basement)
- I’m willing to paint the coffee table and end table or look for new ones (I can move these to the basement
- need to update that picture wall
- new window treatments
- I’d like to move that roll top desk out and get a sofa table
- need new lamps!!!!
- get rid of the Americana theme
- I want to get rid of this big double shelf and all the little stuff on it- what can I put there?
- I would like a new TV cabinet or armoire
- the TV needs to stay in this corner—because the hubby likes to watch it while we eat (ugh)
- I want ideas for what to put on the walls!
Be sure to head over to Amanda’s party to help other’s in need or post about your own dilemmas!!
Tidymom is a participant in the amazon services llc associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Please respect my work, recipes and photographs. If you do use a recipe in your own writing, please give proper credit and link back to the original post.