Teaching Kids to Work and Earn – My Job Chart
There are many days I sit at my computer wish I had access to all of the great sites and ideas when my girls were small. Since they are 23 and 14, I’m tucking away a lot of the ideas for grand kids (someday….WAY down the line! haha)
The other day I received an email about an incredible new site that is just genius! Such a fabulous idea! I’m super excited to have them as a new TidyMom Sponsor!
Seriously, when you check out My Job Chart you are going to wonder why someone didn’t think of this before!!
It’s SO important for us to teach our children strong work ethics and the value of a dollar. Sometimes as a parent we struggle with how to do this and don’t always reinforce it as much as we’d like. I know there are many times I will just vacuum or do dishes my self rather than waiting for it to get done, or worse yet, arguing the fact that it hasn’t been done.
My Job Chart is a FREE online Chore Chart that engages our kids in a way they know and love today…..thru technology.
Using an easy and fun online system, My Job Chart inspires kids to do their chores. An exciting point system tracks your child’s progress. And the fully customizable chore chart allows you to determined rewards. You even get an email or text message when your kids finish their chores or they earn a reward!
Some benefits of My Job Chart are:
- Signing up is easy and FREE
- no more paper charts, and stickers
- I can choose predetermined chores or create my own chores
- I can choose the value (points) for each chore
- Have little ones who can’t read? you can use icons to represent chores (you can even upload your own pictures)
- Each child has their own separate password when signing into the website
- I get an email or text when the child has completed a chore.
- option to purchase rewards from Amazon (my girls LOVE this feature)
- There’s a little section for Mom or Dad to leave a note for the child.
- you can print out pdf’s
- They learn how to earn, save, and spend as well as how to work for what they want.
We each have our own login.
This is how it looks when my youngest signs in. You can see her list of chores for today, points value, how many points she has accumulated today on the right, along with a note I left her.
I’m really excited to give this a try! I already have noticed a marked increase in chores getting done with out constant reminding! Give it a try, ………remember it’s FREE!
and because I KNOW you’ll want to tell all of your friends……….