Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
They are now one of my most favorite vegetables.
I found out at Easter my mom doesn’t like them, so she never fixed them when I was growing up.
They’re so simple to fix like this and packed with flavor! We will often eat them two or three nights a week!
I found these directions online a year or so ago, I believe the recipe came from ~ Ina Garten the Barefoot Contessa.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat Oven to 400°
- Cut off about an inch from the bottom on the stalks.
- Lay asparagus in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
- Place in oven to roast for approximately 10 min. - thinner asparagus may need less time.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven for one to two mins until the cheese melts and turns a little brown.
The thinner ones like above I only roast for about 7-8 mins. but when I get the big fat ones I roast them for the full 10 mins.
Do you like Asparagus? If so, do you have a favorite way to fix them?