I’m Lovin’ It – Texting Google SMS
Welcome to the Party!! I’m Lovin’ It is a party I host at the end of each week to celebrate things that makes us happy….things we are loving! Please share anything from a new(or old) product, to a recipe, a picture you took, a project, or even your children or family…..really anything that you would like to share that you are loving right now!!
But, I still want to be able to get info when I’m out and about with out using up my allowed time on the web.
Which brings me to What I’m Lovin’………
did you know you can text questions to Google?
My daughter’s and I are now HUGE fans of Google’s FREE Short Message Service (SMS), which lets us text specific questions to G-O-O-G-L (46645) *G-O-G-G-L-E (466453) works too. No need to get online.
For example, we were out one weekend and wanted to see a movie, but we didn’t know what time the movie was showing at our theater.
I sent a text message to GOOGL (46645) : I simply put the title of the movie and zip code. Within seconds I received a text back with the name, address and phone number of the theater and all of the times the movie was showing.
Here are some more examples of things you can get:
- weather 90210 (gives you the weather for zip code 90210)
- definition antebellum (give you the definition of antebellum)
- translate bathroom in Spanish (gives you the word bathroom in Spanish “El baño”)
- Movies 90210 (gives you all movie theaters and movies playing in zipcode 90210)
- Pizza 90210 (gives you pizza places in zip code 90210)
- score Cardinals (gives you the score of the Cardinal game)
- abraham lincoln birthday (Gives you Abraham Lincoln’s birthday “Feb 12, 1809)
Take a look at Google SMS for more information and examples
I have just been tickled with this new little find……….and if you have unlimited texting it’s FREE!
You can do this from any phone as long as you are able to text!! No web browser needed!
I LOVE it!
Now it’s your turn, let us know what you’re lovin’ this week! If you have something to share with us on your blog, add your link below. Just please be sure to:
- Add the permalink to the specific blog post, not your general blog address in the MckLinky form below (need help with finding the permalink? click here to see a great post Darcy wrote on this!)
- Include in your blog entry a link back to this post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is loving today and have an opportunity to contribute! You can use the code below to add the banner to your posts or blog if you’d like.
- Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what makes a party fun!! You don’t want to come to a party and have no one talk to you!!
- Let me know if you have any questions, problems or need help!
MckLinky will stay open until April 25, 2010 11pm CST.