‘Tis the season for the stress of holiday entertaining and cooking!
Wouldn’t it be a wonderful holiday treat to be able to host a delicious gathering with confidence, plus time and energy to spare to enjoy the company of loved ones?
I spent time with Daisy Martinez in Napa with Bush’s Beans back in October. Daisy taught us all the importance of spice and layers of flavor when cooking.
I was THRILLED when Daisy asked if she could send me a copy of her new book!
Daisy’s Holiday Cooking
Daisy Martinez, star of the Food Network’s Viva Daisy! Daisy’s Holiday Cooking: Delicious Latin Recipes for Effortless Entertaining, shares her trusted formula and favorite tasty crowd-pleasers to make holiday entertaining something anyone can look forward to with anticipation!
Sandra took the time to chat with me and three other bloggers (Estela of Weeklybite, Alison of Cooking with Friends and Kelly of The Party Dress) while she was in a NYC doing television cooking demos.
- Don’t stress! Simple recipes will lead to more family time which is what the holiday is most about. Don’t be afraid to use short cuts, like pre-made drink mixes for cocktails – give them names to match the holidays, such as Mistletoe Mint Mojito or Christmas Cosmo.
- Use copper cookie cutters or scented pinecones to decorate your holiday table.
- Try instant coffee as a dry rub for steak, chicken, and pork chops, use it in
- Sandra purchases pre-marinated cuts of meat during the holidays. One of her favorites is the Garlic Marinated Pork Tenderloin sold at Sam’s Club.
Published in partnership with Food Network, the 500+ page book features Sandra’s most popular Semi-Homemade recipes and 200 brand-new recipes from her personal recipe box organized in to 19 crowd-pleasing chapters. This ultimate collection of family-friendly and easy-to-make recipes for every dining occasion comes complete with Sandra’s expertise on time-saving gadgets, awe-inspiring tablescapes, and great ideas for “Cocktail Time.”
Perfect gifts for the cooks on your gift list, or for your self!
I have one of each cookbook to giveaway!!! That’s right! Two TidyMom readers will win!
ONE will win Daisy’s Holiday Cooking and ONE will win Sandra Lee semi-homemade, The Complete Cookbook
*GIVEAWAY has ended
Get Extra Entries by: (leave a separate comment for each)
- Become a subscriber to TidyMom by doing one of the following: subscribe via RSS, email or Google Friends connect (see widget at bottom of page) Already subscribe? AWESOME!… but be sure to let me know in the comments so your extra entry will count.
- Link up to I’m Lovin’ It (be sure to link back AND leave a comment letting me know you linked up)
- Tweet about this giveaway: I want to make my holidays less stressful and #win a cookbook from @TidyMom http://su.pr/1tk4yr #giveaway
Giveaway will end on Dec 13, 2010 at 5 pm CST. Two winners with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. I will email the winners and they will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Now it’s your turn!
What is I’m Lovin’ It Fridays? get all the info, how to’s and button here
Disclaimer: I was provided my own copy of each cookbook, I received NO monetary compensation for this review.