Home and Garden

Glimpses of Home

Emily, from Chatting at the Sky, is hosting a linky party this week called “Glimpses of Home.”

The idea is to capture a glimpse of your home that makes your space home to you.

So, I’m going to be HONEST today……..
I’m not ALWAYS “tidy”

not so tidy desk

This is exactly how my desk looks this morning.

It’s actually how it looks MOST mornings.

I eat the SAME cereal every morning with my coffee, while I catch up on my favorite blogs, twitter and facebook.
(notice how I don’t even bother to carry the cereal box and bowl back to the kitchen…yep, every day)

Both my cell and house phone at my reach.
My note pad, camera supplies……the lap top.

I’ll pick it up thru out the day….because all of the clutter will get on my nerves….
but it will look just like this again tomorrow morning.

I LOVE being home every day and I love my space, I love this room.

Head over to Emily’s and link up glimpses of your home!

Be sure to read this post while you’re there……be inspired!

36 Responses to “Glimpses of Home”

1. Lesa McMahon posted on March 12, 2010 at 12:49 pm (#

No one is tidy all of the time… well, at least not anyone "normal". :) You have a cute work space.

2. Lesa McMahon posted on March 12, 2010 at 12:49 pm (#

3. Emily@remodelingthislife posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:06 pm (#

love it. the real everyday you!

4. Emily@remodelingthislife posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:06 pm (#

love it. the real everyday you!

5. Lynn from For Love or Funny posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm (#

Now I don't feel so bad about my desk… :)

6. Lynn from For Love or Funny posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm (#

Now I don't feel so bad about my desk… :)

7. Teresa posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:40 pm (#

Oh Cheryl!!!!
    Is this where you are when we get on our marathon back and forth emails!!! ;o)
    I am loving it…oh…that's your new FRIDAY THEME…woops…that's not til next Friday….but I AM LOVIN' IT that I get to see YOUR FAVORITE SPOT!!!!
    Why is that so thrilling to me?
    I love it that you bring that cereal box to the desk! That way it will be there three hours later when you just want a little "dry ceral" snack!!! ;o)
    ANd what about that coffee mug…does it say "WICKED?" by chance!
    Only one of my favorite shows EVER!!!
    Saw it in London!
    And how funny…both phones…girl you are READY!
    Love it love it Cheryl!!!
    We have more in common than I even thought with your desk looking like that!
    Oh how delighted I am to know that you're not always TIDY!!!! ;o)
    xxooxx
    wishing you a fab day…and I adore your new jeep!

8. Teresa posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:40 pm (#

Oh Cheryl!!!!
    Is this where you are when we get on our marathon back and forth emails!!! ;o)
    Why is that so thrilling to me?
    ANd what about that coffee mug…does it say "WICKED?" by chance!
    Only one of my favorite shows EVER!!!
    Saw it in London!
    And how funny…both phones…girl you are READY!
    Love it love it Cheryl!!!
    We have more in common than I even thought with your desk looking like that!
    Oh how delighted I am to know that you're not always TIDY!!!! ;o)
    xxooxx
    wishing you a fab day…and I adore your new jeep!

9. Sage posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm (#

Happy to see I'm not the only one!but like you after a while, I just have to clear the clutter.
    Rita

10. Sage posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm (#

Rita

11. Sandra posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm (#

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has a desk at home that looks like this! Thanks for letting me know that I'm normal. :)

12. Sandra posted on March 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm (#

13. Anonymous posted on March 12, 2010 at 2:12 pm (#

Maybe you need to rename yourself to
    "Tired Tidymom"

14. Anonymous posted on March 12, 2010 at 2:12 pm (#

Maybe you need to rename yourself to
    "Tired Tidymom"

15. Jane posted on March 12, 2010 at 3:36 pm (#

I only wish my desk looked that neat….

16. Jane posted on March 12, 2010 at 3:36 pm (#

I only wish my desk looked that neat….

17. Jess @ Just a Blink posted on March 12, 2010 at 4:22 pm (#

Your lucky you can eat by your desk. I'm so slurpy and messy I always get drips of coffee on my keyboard! So, I now have a no food in the office rule, for myself! :)

18. Jess @ Just a Blink posted on March 12, 2010 at 4:22 pm (#

19. Bobbie posted on March 12, 2010 at 10:10 pm (#

Kind of funny… but its my real life too!

20. Bobbie posted on March 12, 2010 at 10:10 pm (#

Kind of funny… but its my real life too!

21. MOMMY-MOMO posted on March 12, 2010 at 11:48 pm (#

oh i love looking at peoples homes!!! how fun!

22. MOMMY-MOMO posted on March 12, 2010 at 11:48 pm (#

oh i love looking at peoples homes!!! how fun!

23. this blessed nest posted on March 13, 2010 at 10:53 am (#

love that you shared a real pic! i think sometimes i need a mommy tool belt for my cell, camera, wipes, & notepad for ideas. my world would be so much easier.

hey…i'll be at your link party on friday!
    happy weekend!

24. this blessed nest posted on March 13, 2010 at 10:53 am (#

hey…i'll be at your link party on friday!
    happy weekend!

25. Fleur de Bee posted on March 14, 2010 at 5:02 am (#

Just found your blog via a mutual friend….I'm an over-organized Mom too but not ALL the time so no worries…I bet I can top your photo ha! Nice to "meet" you and I look forward to visiting and perhaps joining your party!

xo Molly

26. Fleur de Bee posted on March 14, 2010 at 5:02 am (#

xo Molly

27. Kristi @ Creative Kristi posted on March 14, 2010 at 9:04 am (#

Thanks for coming to visit my blog & leaving a comment! I love that you were 'real' for the picture. My desk is in a armoire and the fact that it has a 'door' on it keeps me from tidying some days but you have to be kind of messy to actually live :) Thanks for sharing! I'll be coming back to your wonderful blog!

28. Kristi @ Creative Kristi posted on March 14, 2010 at 9:04 am (#

29. Becolorful posted on March 14, 2010 at 11:06 am (#

Wow, I'm not worthy. I'm not sure I have the courage to show my desk. I did once but I cheated and straightened it up before I took the picture.
    Yay you. Thanks for sharing.
    Pam

30. Becolorful posted on March 14, 2010 at 11:06 am (#

Yay you. Thanks for sharing.
    Pam

31. bridget {bake at 350} posted on March 14, 2010 at 3:33 pm (#

Yay for a little untidy! ;)

32. bridget {bake at 350} posted on March 14, 2010 at 3:33 pm (#

Yay for a little untidy! ;)

33. Heather Ozee posted on March 15, 2010 at 10:36 am (#

Hey! Have you been working at my desk again? Mine's just as whirled with craziness.

34. Heather Ozee posted on March 15, 2010 at 10:36 am (#

35. Laura posted on March 23, 2010 at 10:38 am (#

I'm thrilled to know that I'm not alone!

36. Laura posted on March 23, 2010 at 10:38 am (#

I'm thrilled to know that I'm not alone!