Layers of moist cake and strawberry whipped cream make this three-layer cake a must have for strawberry lovers!
Hello, TidyMom fans! I’m Liz, the Hoosier Momma from Hoosier Homemade. I’m a SAHM of 3 teenage boys, that keep me running with their sports and school activities. I’ve been blogging a little over a year, I share lots of baked goods, Budget Friendly Meals, and decorating tips and tricks, all to help you “Make Your House a Home.” This recipe comes from Susan Branch and her Summer Book, it’s a wonderful white layer cake that can be used with many different toppings, frostings or even made into cupcakes. Topped with whipped cream and strawberries makes it the perfect summer dessert!
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1-pound boxes ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar, until fluffy and well combined. Add the three egg yolks and beat until thick and lemon-colored.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix slightly with a fork or whisk. Add to the creamed mixture, alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cake batter.
- Divide cake batter among the prepared cake pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely on racks.
- For the topping: Using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form, add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until combined well.
- To Assemble: Place one cake layer on serving platter, top with whipped cream and strawberries, repeat for all layers.
- Best if assembled within an hour of serving.
Note: This cake can also be made into a 13×9, cupcakes, or any size pan. You will just need to adjust the baking time.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
More Strawberry Recipes you might enjoy: