Holiday

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Food gifts are always a favorite of mine.  These Cinnamon Honey Butter jars make a pretty presentation when you add a little bling to the jars, and pair with homemade bread,  pound cake, biscuit mix or even bagels!

I’ve made several batches already, and we wont mention how much my family has devoured!

Warning……..you may want to double or triple the recipe because everyone is going to want some!

Cinnamon Honey Butter Jars

Pin It

Cinnamon Honey Butter {Gift Jars}

Jar Supplies:

Cinnamon Honey Butter (recipe below)

3 1/2 pint canning jars

fabric

jute twine

tinsel “pipe cleaners”

“holly” ribbon

card stock paper

1″ paper punch (optional)

tiny whole punch (mine is 1/16″)

scissors

Cinnamon Honey Butter gift jar supplies

• cut 3 pieces of fabric in 5″ circles
  • remove rim and place fabric on the inner lid piece of filled mason jar then screw outer lid back on over fabric

Fabric on lids

• Using card stock and Microsoft Word, print tags

I used the font “Cheryl Hand” , size 15, center alignment and I layed it all out using the template in Word for 1.6″ circle labels. Then printed on my card stock.

• Cut out with 1″ punch (or you could cut out by hand)
  • use tiny whole punch on tag to thread twine thru

tags for gift jars

• wrap twine around lid and tie
  • wrap tinsel pipe cleaner around lid and twist ends together
  • add a small piece of “holly” ribbon to twine
  • thread tag on to twine and tie

gift jar supplies

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Yield: 3 half pint jars

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Ingredients

• 1 cup Honey
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 half pint canning jars

Instructions

1. Combine all ingredients in bowl. Using whisk attachment on mixer blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
  2. Use rubber spatula to pour mixture in to a large pastry bag (or Ziploc® bag), cut off tip and squeeze into half pint jars. (tip: place bag in tall glass for support, or have someone hold the bag while you pour)
  3. Keep refrigerated. Serve room temperature.

Cinnamon Honey Butter

Add your homemade bread or pound cake, a Christmas or vintage towel and you have a fantastic gift from the heart that took less then an hour to make from start to finish!

Cinnamon Honey Butter and pound cake

Are you making any food gifts for the holidays?

Other great food gift ideas

Christmas Tree Peppermint Bark

Fudge Wreath

Chocolate & Caramel Dipped Pretzels

Lots of Edible Gifts

Almond Joy Cookies & Chocolate Covered Grahams

Christmas Crunch

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows

Salted Cajeta Chocolate

@TidyMom or scan my HR code with your camera

@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera

Yum

176 Responses to “Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar”

1. notyet100 posted on December 12, 2010 at 10:40 am (#)

wow this sounds so cool,.

2. Debbie @TheHIpHostess posted on December 12, 2010 at 10:43 am (#)

What a heartwarming gift, so charming!

3. Victoria posted on December 12, 2010 at 11:05 am (#)

Great idea Cheryl! I’m writing everything on my list to see if I can find what I need to make it. If not, I’m going to bookmark it for next year. :)

Thanks!

4. Amy posted on December 12, 2010 at 11:13 am (#)

I found you and this recipe on Fishing for Deals and I’m so happy! We made the cinnamon honey butter last night and it’s amazing. All my neighbors will be getting this gift this year. Thank you!

Amy

5. Amanda posted on December 12, 2010 at 12:39 pm (#)

Thank you!! Making these this week for teacher presents at church!!

6. Shaina posted on December 12, 2010 at 12:45 pm (#)

I love how you decorated the jars! Adorable.

7. ItsMolly posted on December 12, 2010 at 12:52 pm (#)

Your presentation is perfect! Thanks for sharing every idea (and the font). I don’t cook or bake but I am going to make this as neighbors’ gifts. Thank you!

Merry Christmas and Cheers!
    Molly

8. Married/Single Parent posted on December 12, 2010 at 1:01 pm (#)

I love making different flavored butters. My family’s favorite is Honey Pecan Butter.

9. Alana posted on December 12, 2010 at 1:07 pm (#)

Thanks for this idea. Made this recipe and it is so yummy! I have cute little baskets and I’m going to put the jar along with a bag of bagels and a cute kitchen towel in for several gifts!

10. Paula posted on December 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm (#)

Beautiful Cheryl. I wish I was on your Christmas Gift List :) LOL

11. angie {the arthur clan} posted on December 12, 2010 at 2:45 pm (#)

I love this idea Cheryl!

12. Hayley posted on December 12, 2010 at 4:46 pm (#)

I was just trying to decide what to do for the teacher for Christmas. It was between a tote or towel that I would embroider. Not Im for sure doing a hand towel and making some butter and homemade bread!!

Thanks!!!

Hayley

13. Becka posted on December 12, 2010 at 4:46 pm (#)

Oh, so cute!! And the recipe sounds yummy! I’ll be making these for teachers & neighbors. I got this post just in time!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

14. Donna M. posted on December 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm (#)

This sounds delicious! And your packaging is adorable.

15. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction posted on December 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm (#)

This is a fabulous recipe and gift idea! I’ll have to make some to go with my homemade bread. I am imagining how wonderful it would be with pumpkin bread, too. :)

16. Cookbook Queen posted on December 12, 2010 at 7:50 pm (#)

I love this idea!! It looks so pretty and yummy!! :)

17. Debbi Does Dinner Healthy posted on December 12, 2010 at 8:19 pm (#)

Great ideas! These make the best gifts, any time of the year!

18. Michele @ The Scrap Shoppe posted on December 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm (#)

Yum!! I may be making these for my coworkers for Christmas this year!

19. Kristen posted on December 12, 2010 at 9:57 pm (#)

Such lovely photos and a great idea for gifts!

20. Lori @ RecipeGirl posted on December 12, 2010 at 10:44 pm (#)

Super cute idea!!

21. druidaccountforsale posted on December 13, 2010 at 3:41 am (#)

I love it! Its so cute and seasonal not to mention very flexible to pair in different pastries. Thanks for sharing this, my friends would love it for sure.

22. bridget {bake at 350} posted on December 13, 2010 at 6:08 am (#)

Love this idea, Cheryl!!! That butter sounds amazing….and I love the way you packaged it all up. This would make a *perfect* gift for the neighbors! Thank you!

23. gnee posted on December 13, 2010 at 6:26 am (#)

What a darling gift. Thanks for sharing it and I love your cute tags!

24. Amy | She Wears Many Hats posted on December 13, 2010 at 6:45 am (#)

Cute and YUM!

25. Maria posted on December 13, 2010 at 7:14 am (#)

Great gift idea!

26. Tricia Jones posted on December 13, 2010 at 9:48 am (#)

What a delicious and lovely gift. I love Honey Butter.

I’d love it if you linked this up to my Holiday Recipe Link Party

27. Sue Dally posted on December 13, 2010 at 11:31 am (#)

I am making this today! Paired with my favorite dried cherry scones for family gifts!

28. naomi posted on December 13, 2010 at 11:42 am (#)

Love the cinnamon honey butter and I LOVE the gift wrapping presentation. It’s elegant and not overly done.

29. Mina @ Angellove's Cooking posted on December 15, 2010 at 12:55 am (#)

Such a GREAT and tasty idea :)!!! Wonderful!!

30. Jenny @ meltingbutter posted on December 15, 2010 at 2:53 am (#)

Wish I had’ve read this before I went out and did my Christmas shopping! :)

1 2 3 4