Holiday

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Food gifts are always a favorite of mine.  These Cinnamon Honey Butter jars make a pretty presentation when you add a little bling to the jars, and pair with homemade bread,  pound cake, biscuit mix or even bagels!

I’ve made several batches already, and we wont mention how much my family has devoured!

Warning……..you may want to double or triple the recipe because everyone is going to want some!

Cinnamon Honey Butter Jars

Pin It

Cinnamon Honey Butter {Gift Jars}

Jar Supplies:

Cinnamon Honey Butter (recipe below)

3 1/2 pint canning jars

fabric

jute twine

tinsel “pipe cleaners”

“holly” ribbon

card stock paper

1″ paper punch (optional)

tiny whole punch (mine is 1/16″)

scissors

Cinnamon Honey Butter gift jar supplies

• cut 3 pieces of fabric in 5″ circles
  • remove rim and place fabric on the inner lid piece of filled mason jar then screw outer lid back on over fabric

Fabric on lids

• Using card stock and Microsoft Word, print tags

I used the font “Cheryl Hand” , size 15, center alignment and I layed it all out using the template in Word for 1.6″ circle labels. Then printed on my card stock.

• Cut out with 1″ punch (or you could cut out by hand)
  • use tiny whole punch on tag to thread twine thru

tags for gift jars

• wrap twine around lid and tie
  • wrap tinsel pipe cleaner around lid and twist ends together
  • add a small piece of “holly” ribbon to twine
  • thread tag on to twine and tie

gift jar supplies

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Yield: 3 half pint jars

Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar

Ingredients

• 1 cup Honey
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 half pint canning jars

Instructions

1. Combine all ingredients in bowl. Using whisk attachment on mixer blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
  2. Use rubber spatula to pour mixture in to a large pastry bag (or Ziploc® bag), cut off tip and squeeze into half pint jars. (tip: place bag in tall glass for support, or have someone hold the bag while you pour)
  3. Keep refrigerated. Serve room temperature.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Cinnamon Honey Butter

Add your homemade bread or pound cake, a Christmas or vintage towel and you have a fantastic gift from the heart that took less then an hour to make from start to finish!

Cinnamon Honey Butter and pound cake

Are you making any food gifts for the holidays?

Other great food gift ideas

Christmas Tree Peppermint Bark

Fudge Wreath

Chocolate & Caramel Dipped Pretzels

Lots of Edible Gifts

Almond Joy Cookies & Chocolate Covered Grahams

Christmas Crunch

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows

Salted Cajeta Chocolate

156 Responses to “Cinnamon Honey Butter- Gifts in a Jar”

1. notyet100 posted on December 12, 2010 at 10:40 am (#

wow this sounds so cool,.

2. Debbie @TheHIpHostess posted on December 12, 2010 at 10:43 am (#

What a heartwarming gift, so charming!

3. Victoria posted on December 12, 2010 at 11:05 am (#

Great idea Cheryl! I’m writing everything on my list to see if I can find what I need to make it. If not, I’m going to bookmark it for next year. :)

Thanks!

4. Amy posted on December 12, 2010 at 11:13 am (#

I found you and this recipe on Fishing for Deals and I’m so happy! We made the cinnamon honey butter last night and it’s amazing. All my neighbors will be getting this gift this year. Thank you!

Amy

5. Amanda posted on December 12, 2010 at 12:39 pm (#

Thank you!! Making these this week for teacher presents at church!!

6. Shaina posted on December 12, 2010 at 12:45 pm (#

I love how you decorated the jars! Adorable.

7. ItsMolly posted on December 12, 2010 at 12:52 pm (#

Your presentation is perfect! Thanks for sharing every idea (and the font). I don’t cook or bake but I am going to make this as neighbors’ gifts. Thank you!

Merry Christmas and Cheers!
    Molly

8. Married/Single Parent posted on December 12, 2010 at 1:01 pm (#

I love making different flavored butters. My family’s favorite is Honey Pecan Butter.

9. Alana posted on December 12, 2010 at 1:07 pm (#

Thanks for this idea. Made this recipe and it is so yummy! I have cute little baskets and I’m going to put the jar along with a bag of bagels and a cute kitchen towel in for several gifts!

10. Paula posted on December 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm (#

Beautiful Cheryl. I wish I was on your Christmas Gift List :) LOL

11. angie {the arthur clan} posted on December 12, 2010 at 2:45 pm (#

I love this idea Cheryl!

12. Amanda posted on December 12, 2010 at 3:18 pm (#

What lovely git ideas!!! I am so impressed!

13. Hayley posted on December 12, 2010 at 4:46 pm (#

I was just trying to decide what to do for the teacher for Christmas. It was between a tote or towel that I would embroider. Not Im for sure doing a hand towel and making some butter and homemade bread!!

Thanks!!!

Hayley

14. Becka posted on December 12, 2010 at 4:46 pm (#

Oh, so cute!! And the recipe sounds yummy! I’ll be making these for teachers & neighbors. I got this post just in time!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

15. Donna M. posted on December 12, 2010 at 5:11 pm (#

This sounds delicious! And your packaging is adorable.

16. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction posted on December 12, 2010 at 5:39 pm (#

This is a fabulous recipe and gift idea! I’ll have to make some to go with my homemade bread. I am imagining how wonderful it would be with pumpkin bread, too. :)

17. Cookbook Queen posted on December 12, 2010 at 7:50 pm (#

I love this idea!! It looks so pretty and yummy!! :)

18. Debbi Does Dinner Healthy posted on December 12, 2010 at 8:19 pm (#

Great ideas! These make the best gifts, any time of the year!

19. Michele @ The Scrap Shoppe posted on December 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm (#

Yum!! I may be making these for my coworkers for Christmas this year!

20. Kristen posted on December 12, 2010 at 9:57 pm (#

Such lovely photos and a great idea for gifts!

21. Lori @ RecipeGirl posted on December 12, 2010 at 10:44 pm (#

Super cute idea!!

22. druidaccountforsale posted on December 13, 2010 at 3:41 am (#

I love it! Its so cute and seasonal not to mention very flexible to pair in different pastries. Thanks for sharing this, my friends would love it for sure.

23. bridget {bake at 350} posted on December 13, 2010 at 6:08 am (#

Love this idea, Cheryl!!! That butter sounds amazing….and I love the way you packaged it all up. This would make a *perfect* gift for the neighbors! Thank you!

24. gnee posted on December 13, 2010 at 6:26 am (#

What a darling gift. Thanks for sharing it and I love your cute tags!

25. Amy | She Wears Many Hats posted on December 13, 2010 at 6:45 am (#

Cute and YUM!

26. Maria posted on December 13, 2010 at 7:14 am (#

Great gift idea!

27. Tricia Jones posted on December 13, 2010 at 9:48 am (#

What a delicious and lovely gift. I love Honey Butter.

I’d love it if you linked this up to my Holiday Recipe Link Party

28. Sue Dally posted on December 13, 2010 at 11:31 am (#

I am making this today! Paired with my favorite dried cherry scones for family gifts!

29. naomi posted on December 13, 2010 at 11:42 am (#

Love the cinnamon honey butter and I LOVE the gift wrapping presentation. It’s elegant and not overly done.

30. Mina @ Angellove's Cooking posted on December 15, 2010 at 12:55 am (#

Such a GREAT and tasty idea :)!!! Wonderful!!

31. Jenny @ meltingbutter posted on December 15, 2010 at 2:53 am (#

Wish I had’ve read this before I went out and did my Christmas shopping! :)

32. Molly posted on December 15, 2010 at 8:12 am (#

Just found your blog through The Inspired Room and have added you to my Reader! Love this idea- it would go great with my little homemade goody baskets I make for the holidays. Now if I could just get my 34 week pregnant self motivated to get them done :)

33. Jenny posted on December 15, 2010 at 10:20 am (#

Wow I am so glad I found this recipe and post. I have been looking for good holiday gift ideas!

34. Kristin posted on December 15, 2010 at 11:00 am (#

I love this! I look forward to adding it to the items I bake and give as gifts and so easy, too! Thanks for sharing it.

35. alison @ adventures at home posted on December 15, 2010 at 2:57 pm (#

I just made this and it is very yummy! I think I will make some mini loaves to go with it… No fancy packaging though… This broke mama is recycling jars from the fridge… hope I can at least make a cute label ;) Thanks for the great idea!

36. Lisa Brown posted on December 17, 2010 at 12:00 pm (#

Oh, Yum! Headed to the store NOW!

37. shannon posted on December 17, 2010 at 3:52 pm (#

Great Gift idea!!! Great Post and congrats on being named Foodbuzz’s Top 9!!! That is a pretty cool honor!!!

38. Shauna posted on December 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm (#

saw you on tatertots and jello- such cute cute wrapping! i love the decorations on the jars and the brown packagings- just too cute!! :D

39. Lauren posted on December 17, 2010 at 10:12 pm (#

How long is this good for after you make it?

40. marla posted on December 19, 2010 at 9:56 am (#

What I would do to dive into a jar of this right now! I love flavored butters :) Thanks so much for including me in your Holiday party list. Wish we could all get together for real! XO

41. jennifer posted on December 20, 2010 at 1:40 pm (#

Hi…my mama and I made this..very delicious!
    Ours started seperating…do you know what might be causing this?
    Thanks
    Jen

42. sheila @ Elements posted on December 22, 2010 at 3:22 pm (#

What a wonderful idea!!! I’d love a gift like this!! Maybe I’ll make some tomorrow and gift it to myself as a Christmas present! :)

43. Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates posted on December 22, 2010 at 7:42 pm (#

Yum!! Made it today and gave some as a gift with some cornbread muffins. Thanks for sharing a great and easy recipe!

44. Preppy Pink Crocodile posted on January 2, 2011 at 1:01 pm (#

I am drooling just looking at those cute, yummy jars of goodness! What a brilliant and simple idea. Thanks a million for sharing!

KK

45. Trish @I_am_Succeeding posted on January 16, 2011 at 8:17 am (#

I love new ideas for homemade gifts…thanks for a great post!

46. brian posted on September 15, 2011 at 5:29 pm (#

Awesome gift idea!

47. David Carrero posted on October 17, 2011 at 3:21 pm (#

I like spanish christmas in navidad.es

48. Jessica posted on November 2, 2011 at 5:09 pm (#

In your photo, you’ve used ‘clover honey’ & ‘salted sweet cram butter’. Are they different from regular honey & butter? I’d love to make these because of the rave reviews!

• TidyMom replied on November 2nd, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Any pure honey and real butter is what you need.

49. Kate posted on November 8, 2011 at 6:55 am (#

Love this! Just wanted to let you know that I’m including it in my post “Top 10 Gifts in Jars” today Feel free to stop by and grab a button or link for your page to show that you are featured! Thanks!

50. Kathryn posted on November 28, 2011 at 3:16 pm (#

I just made a small batch of this butter… I wanted to test it before making jars as gifts and it is CRAZY delicious!! Heading out tomorrow to buy some lovely jars to make gifts for all the teachers at my sons school. Thank you for taking the time to post this amazing idea…. So simple, So tasty and (thankfully) So different from the run-of-the-mill edible treats everyone seems to give!

1. Pingback: Tidymom

17. Pingback: Sandy Arevalo

18. Pingback: Tidymom

19. Pingback: Jen -BeautyandBedlam

20. Pingback: Diane Schmidt

21. Pingback: Yummy Hostess Gifts & Interview at Tidymom | The Inspired Room

22. Pingback: Marlalalala

23. Pingback: How to print blog posts with Joliprint tool and Wordpress or Blogger plug-in. — Beautiful Blog Designs

24. Pingback: MakeRoomFor

25. Pingback: Lisa Brown

26. Pingback: Tidymom

27. Pingback: CH Sugar

28. Pingback: Tidymom

29. Pingback: Mandy Gagnon

30. Pingback: Lisa

31. Pingback: Tidymom

32. Pingback: Patti Espy Portenier

33. Pingback: oh amanda

34. Pingback: Tidymom

35. Pingback: Taste of Home Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe | TidyMom

36. Pingback: Pie in a Jar Picnic Food | TidyMom

37. Pingback: Simple, Inexpensive Hostess Gifts | Make Scented Sugar | Good Life Eats

38. Pingback: Homemade Pancakes | TidyMom

39. Pingback: Honey Butter | Real Raw Honey

40. Pingback: 16 Homemade Gift Ideas in a Jar | TidyMom

41. Pingback: Cinnamon Honey Butter | Food

42. Pingback: Christmas Crafts. |

43. Pingback: Menu Mondays

44. Pingback: Cinnamon Honey Butter

45. Pingback: Homemade Gifts In A Jar

46. Pingback: Title: A Make-Ahead Party Perfect for Sunday Afternoon | i am baker

47. Pingback: How to print blog posts with Joliprint tool and Wordpress or Blogger plug-in.

48. Pingback: Delicious Edible Gift Food Present and Holiday Craft Ideas | TidyMom

49. Pingback: 22 Great Gift in a Jar Recipes & Ideas |