White Bean Chicken Chili
There’s just something about windy chilly fall days!!!
It’s truly my favorite time of year!
Our temps have been in the 60’s and dinner time has had me in the mood for my ” first of the season” pot of chili - White Bean Chicken Chili that is!!
This one is a favorite around our house!
It’s such an easy recipe, the only problem I have with it is, it’s never quite enough!
You may want to double the recipe, we only get about 5 servings out of one batch – and this is something that is DEFINITELY good left over!
This can be prepared a day ahead – it’s even better the second day!
- 2 tablespoons veg oil
- 1 large onion,chopped (optional)
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped (I use the minced in the jar)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon taragon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (if you don’t want it as HOT use 1/4)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 15-ounce cans of Bush’s cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 3-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Heat your oil in a dutch oven over medium heat, add onion, garlic, and spices. Saute for about 5 minutes. While that is sauteing, season cut chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain beans (RESERVE 1/2 cup of bean liquid). Add beans, chicken broth, chilies, cream and reserved bean liquid to pot. Simmer for about 10 minutes, then cook on low for about 30 mins.
- Serve in bowl and top with cheese!
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
*This would be a great chili recipe for National Chili Day on February 24
Is it cool where you are yet?
What’s your favorite “first cool day of the season” dish to make?