With the summer days being hot, we were in the mood for a cool dessert, that wasn’t ice cream. A jello cake hit the spot! My favorite version of this “classic” is Orange Creamsicle. This cold moist cake with it’s vanilla and orange combination remind me of an Orange Creamsicle.
- 1 prepared White Cake Mix
- 1 large box of Orange Jello
- Cool Whip
- Bake cake according to directions on the box, using a 9×13 cake pan.
- After cake cools, Poke holes in the cake with a fork. Holes should not go all the way through cake to the bottom of the pan. The entire cake should be perforated this way with holes every 1/2 – 3/4 inch.
- Mix Jello packet with 2 cups of boiling water in large bowl. (do not chill jello)
- Pour Jello over cake allowing it to seep into holes.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator at least 3-4 hours before serving.
- Top each piece with cool whip when serving. (keep cake refrigerated)
*I often make this cake with sugar free jello and top with light Cool Whip – for a more “diet friendly” version.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Visit these other sites for more great recipes!