I LOVE JELL-O poke cakes! They are always so moist and easy to make! Nothing beats the summer flavor of orange and vanilla, to take you back to the days of buying Dreamsicles from the ice cream truck.
With the summer days being hot, we were in the mood for a cool dessert, that wasn’t ice cream. A jello cake hit the spot! My favorite version of this “classic” is Orange Creamsicle. This cold moist cake can, or course, be made in any flavor……the possibilities are endless.
- 1 prepared White Cake Mix
- 1 large box of Orange Jello
- 8 ounce Cool Whip
- Bake cake according to directions on the box, using a 9×13 cake pan.
- After cake cools, Poke holes in the cake with a fork. Holes should not go all the way through cake to the bottom of the pan. The entire cake should be perforated this way with holes every 1/2 – 3/4 inch.
- Mix Jello packet with 2 cups of boiling water in large bowl. (do not chill jello)
- Pour Jello over cake allowing it to seep into holes.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator at least 3-4 hours before serving.Top each piece with cool whip when serving. (keep cake refrigerated)
*I often make this cake with sugar free jello and top with light Cool Whip – for a more “diet friendly” version.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.