Homemade Frosty Recipe
Thankfully our 11 day heat wave of 100+ heat index has ended and we are now enjoying beautiful 80’s!
During that heat wave I didn’t want to cook much and I came across a few delicious summertime frozen drinks that I thought I’d share with you.
Last week, when I was visiting the recipe carnivals I found a drink that I just knew would be a hit in our house!
photo via Mom Advice
This yummy chocolate summertime treat tastes just like a Wendy’s Frosty! The original recipe is from The Hillbilly Housewife’s “Magic Milkshake”. Be sure to read her post for variations and explanation of ingredients.
Thanks to Amy, I’ve scored the “coolest mom ever” points by making this frosty treat several times already. So far our favorite has been with a scoop of peanut butter!
The original recipe is from The Hillbilly Housewife’s “Magic Milkshake”
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ice water
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 1-1/2 trays of ice cubes, as much as you can spare
- 2 tablespoons corn oil plus a 5-second squirt of non-stick spray for emulsification purpose (I substitute the corn oil with canola oil & you can read her notes on why you need that non-stick spray)
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender, including the oil and the non-stick spray. Use less water for thicker milk shakes and more water for shakes that are easy on your blender motor. The blender should be about 3/4’s full.
- Place the lid on.
- Process for a full 2 minutes.
- Pour into cups and serve.
© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also enjoy Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
So pull out your blenders and enjoy some delicious Summer in Glass!