follow TidyMom on Pinterest

Favorite PUMPKIN Recipes!

Bake at 350My buddy Bridget of Bake at 350 host’s a party titled Flavor of the Month at the end of each month. (her party will start this evening – so I’ll link this post up then)

This month’s flavor is PUMPKIN!

I have been having FUN with Pumpkin this month!! It’s one of our favorite flavors and can be used so many ways! I have several pumpkin recipes to share!

Actually the first Pumpkin recipe I tried, was one Bridget posted for

Pumpkin Cream Cheese

Pumpkin Cream Cheese recipe at TidyMom.net

This was GREAT with my whole wheat bagels!

I adapted Bridget’s recipe to what I had on hand, you can find Bridget’s recipe here.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese

Pumpkin Cream Cheese

Ingredients

• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 c canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 TBSP brown sugar

Instructions

1. Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate.

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

pumpkin border

Next up, we made Pumpkin Pancakes!

These were a huge hit! We’ve made them twice already this month!

pumpkin pancakes recipe at TidyMom.net

Pumpkin Pancakes

Serving Size: 16 pancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients

• 2 eggs
  • 1-1/4 cups buttermilk (*I used powdered)
  • 4 TBSP melted butter
  • 4 TBSP canned pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp allspice

Instructions

1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with no stick spray.
  2. Combine eggs, buttermilk, butter, pumpkin, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
  3. Use an electric mixer to blend ingredients.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend with mixer until smooth.
  5. Pour or scoop the batter onto hot skillet, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
  6. When the batter stops bubbling and edges begin to harden, flip the
  7. pancakes. They should be golden brown. This will take from 1 to 2 minutes.
  8. Flip the pancakes and cook other side for the same amount of time, until
  9. golden brown.
  10. Serve warm with syrup.

Notes

*TIPS

1. I used the powdered buttermilk, this way I always have some on hand – if you use the powdered – replace buttermilk with 1-1/4 cup water in the wet ingredients, and add 5 TBSP of buttermilk mix to the dry ingredients

2. My skillet makes 4 pancackes at a time, I heat my oven to about 180° and place cooked pancakes on a plate and place in oven while I cook the next batch, remove plate to add another batch to plate and place back in warm oven until all pancakes are cooked.

3. I plan to make a few batches and freeze them – Cool pancakes completely on wire rack, After they’ve cooled, stack them up between sheets up wax paper and freeze. Wrap pancakes securely in a moisture proof air tight freezer bag, then place in another bag (double wrapped). Freeze for no more than six weeks. Separate, then microwave to reheat – Stack 3 frozen pancakes on a plate, microwave uncovered on HIGH for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until pancakes are hot.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

pumpkin border

pumpkin cheesecake brownies! recipe at TidyMom.net

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies

Ingredients

Brownie Batter
  • 1 prepared Brownie Mix
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • Mix according to box adding 1 tsp cinnamon. (I use Ghirardelli or Duncan Hines)
  • !Cheesecake Batter
  • 6 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 TBSP flour
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch x8 inch square metal pan.
  2. Mix brownie batter and cinnamon in bowl.
  3. In separate bowl, beat together cheesecake batter.
  4. Spread about 2/3 of brownie batter into prepared pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over top. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl together with a knife.
  5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.
  6. Cool completely on wire rack and chill before cutting and serving!

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies at TidyMom.net

These were SO good!! Sunshine likes to pick which piece is her’s when I make something she really likes, and sometimes she will “claim her piece!” LOL

I walked into the kitchen and there is a note on which piece she want! LOL

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies at TidyMom.net

pumpkin border

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

This is another yummy idea I got from Bridget! She made mini muffins here.
I made full size muffins

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffin recipe at TidyMom.net

Chocolate Pumpkin Mini-Muffins

Yield: 18 large or 43 mini muffins

Chocolate Pumpkin Mini-Muffins

Ingredients

• 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
  • 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 TBSP water
  • mini chocolate chips to garnish

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
  2. Spray the insides of your muffin liners with no stick pray, otherwise the muffins will stick to the paper. Place in muffin tins.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until a little foamy.
  4. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until well-blended. Use an icecream scooper to fill prepared baking cups. Bake for about 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
  5. Sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips as soon as they come out of the oven!
  6. Remove from pans and let cool on a rack.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

pumpkin border

More pumpkin recipes

Pumpkin Fluff

Layered Walnut Pumpkin Pie

Enjoy!!

If you have any pumpkin recipes to share,

be sure to link up over at Bake at 350,

or just head over there for more FAB recipes!

If you’re new to TidyMom, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed or Email. I would also love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for visiting!
About TidyMom

Comments

1. 1
    bridget {bake at 350} says:

Oh my…I want to live at your house! Everything looks SO good! I am LOVING the note on the brownie…your daughter and I think alike (But I would have tagged the entire pan)! I think those brownies have just become a "must make." :)

2. 2
    bridget {bake at 350} says:

3. 3

Holy Cow!! I can't believe you made all that pumpkin stuff. Are you and your family a nice shade of orange? jk…Everything looks great!!

4. 4

5. 5

Yep ~ i want to live at your house too!
    The pumpkin cream cheese and the pancakes look divine!!!
    My family will love you ~ because you've inspired me in a culinary sort of way!

6. 6

Yep ~ i want to live at your house too!
    The pumpkin cream cheese and the pancakes look divine!!!
    My family will love you ~ because you've inspired me in a culinary sort of way!

7. 7
    Angry Julie Monday says:

Ok, those pumpkin cheesecake brownies look awesome.

8. 8
    Angry Julie Monday says:

Ok, those pumpkin cheesecake brownies look awesome.

9. 9

You are having way too much pumpkin fun over there! Everything looks so yummy!

10. 10

You are having way too much pumpkin fun over there! Everything looks so yummy!

11. 11
    Melissa Miller says:

I am trying the pumpkin cream cheese! Yum! :)

12. 12
    Melissa Miller says:

I am trying the pumpkin cream cheese! Yum! :)

13. 13

I LOVE pumpkin, and these all look SO good!

14. 14

I LOVE pumpkin, and these all look SO good!

15. 15
    bridget {bake at 350} says:

My son about fainted when he saw the brownie pictures! LOL!

16. 16
    bridget {bake at 350} says:

My son about fainted when he saw the brownie pictures! LOL!

17. 17

Hi Tidy Mom!
    Just signed up to follow this fabulous blog! It is 12:47 a.m. and I have just posted my PUMPKIN recipe! Oh the bloggers crazy life!
    Your recipes look fabulous…can't wait to pop back over and spend some time browsing all your goodies..when it's not the middle of the night! Love your blog!
    Does TIDY Mom have anything to do with ALABAMA football? Thought it might since the colors favor! If so…Roll Tide! We're in the Northwest but are TRUE BAMA fans!

18. 18

Hi Tidy Mom!

19. 19
    Elizabeth says:

Wow, that is some serious pumpkin action!!! I just love your blog. This is my first time doing the flavor of the month, I just adore Bridget's blog, and it looks like I'm going to adore yours too! Thanks for sharing all these great recipes! I bet your house has smelled awesome while baking up all this pumpkin-y goodness!

20. 20
    Elizabeth says:

21. 21

those all looks so scrumptious! Thanks.

22. 22

those all looks so scrumptious! Thanks.

23. 23

OMGoodness, every single thing you listed looks amazingly good! Pumpkin is so fun to cook with. I love it. I want to try those pancakes for sure!

Also, I made some candycorn cupcakes (which I see that you've seen…thank you for the kind comment!). BUT I still want to make cupcakes using that frosting recipe you posted awhile ago…it's been on my mind. I will let you know when I try it!

24. 24

25. 25

Holy smokes! You really went crazy with the pumpkin! It all looks super good. I'm gonna bounce over and check out your pumpkin fluff next!

Thanks for sharing & Happy Halloween!
    ~ingrid

26. 26

Thanks for sharing & Happy Halloween!
    ~ingrid

27. 27

Can't wait to try my weakness……..pancakes! Wowee! :) These all look delish, might have to make the bars for DH's office this week! :)
    Thank you!

28. 28

Thank you!

29. 29
    The Momma says:

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE pumpkin pancakes! I'll be trying that fir sure!!

30. 30
    The Momma says:

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE pumpkin pancakes! I'll be trying that fir sure!!

31. 31

These look sooooooo great. I've been doing lots of pumpkin myself, especially soups. Thanks for sharing these great ideas.

32. 32

33. 33

I can't get enough of pumpkin foods this fall. These look great!

34. 34

I can't get enough of pumpkin foods this fall. These look great!

35. 35

Those brownies look amazing and your daughter is too cute for claiming her piece!

36. 36

37. 37
    heartnsoulcooking says:

WOW!!! GREAT!!! post. I love the brownie recipe.
    Geri

38. 38
    heartnsoulcooking says:

WOW!!! GREAT!!! post. I love the brownie recipe.
    Geri

39. 39
    Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking says:

Thanks! We love pumpkin over here.. I'm going to make the pumpkin pancakes and the chocolate pumpkin cupcakes… yum!

40. 40
    Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking says:

41. 41

So many yummy pumpkin goodies! I don't know what I would make first. : )

42. 42

So many yummy pumpkin goodies! I don't know what I would make first. : )

43. 43

Amazing ways to use pumpkin! I especially love the brownies :)

44. 44

Amazing ways to use pumpkin! I especially love the brownies :)

45. 45
    Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates says:

Oh so much pumpkin yumminess!! I think I will have to hold you responsible for weight gain after all – LOL! Thanks for linking it all up – YUM!

46. 46
    Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates says:

47. 47
    cookies and cups says:

That pumpkin cream cheese is brilliant! What a great and super simple idea!

48. 48
    cookies and cups says:

That pumpkin cream cheese is brilliant! What a great and super simple idea!

49. 49

Looks sooooo good, Cheryl! I love all the pumpkin treats this time of year.

50. 50

I LOVE your site! I see so many delicious recipes everywhere, but none that I would spend time making. I really love that you use box mixes and give them some more life! I have a “pumpkin cooking challenge” at work next week and am definitely using one of your yummy recipes! Thank you!

Trackbacks

1. [...] like me, Kellie has a love for PUMPKIN!  you MUST go see what she did with the PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS she made……go [...]

2. [...] Cupcakes (HUGE favorite among family and friends), my Grandpa’s Layered Walnut Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cream Cheese,  Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies, Pumpkin Pancakes and Chocolate Pumpkin [...]

3. [...] Pumpkin Cream Cheese [...]

4. [...] can eat it in cupcakes, pancakes, cream cheese, pie, whoopie pies, even [...]

5. [...] Cheesecake Brownies :: Tidy Mom If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting! Categories: [...]

6. [...] Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies via Tidy Mom [...]

7. [...]  Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies [...]

I’d love to hear from you, leave a comment

Current day month ye@r *