One of The Bugman’s customers gave us a bag full of cucumbers. We love cucumbers. We usually eat them as a snack dunked in ranch dressing or I slice some for dinner and drench them in Light Italian Dressing. But lately I had been craving a good Cucumber Sandwich.
While I was loading my recipes to the Tasty Kitchen site, I was also busy making friends and reading their recipes. While browsing around I “ran into” Angie of the Arthur Clan! Angie is an amazing photographer AND one of the co-founders of i?Faces! Now, Angie claims to be a “non-cook” but what do I find in HER RECIPE BOX? Cucumber Sandwiches!! YES! SCORE one for ME!
I changed up Angie’s recipe just a bit to accommodate what I had on hand…..so here you go!
- 1 YUMMY cucumber- sliced
- 1 8oz tub of Cream Cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat variety – gotta save where you can, and this stuff taste like the real thing)
- 3/4 of a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1/4 tsp Dill Weed
- Salt & Pepper
- slices of your favorite bread (I had honey wheat from the bakery)
- Mix dry dressing packet and dill weed right into the cream cheese container. Mix until well blended.
- Spread a thick layer of seasoned cream cheese onto one slice of bread. Top with several slices of cucumber.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place another slice of bread ontop and ENJOY!!
check out these great links for other wonderful recipes!
@TidyMom or scan my QR code with your camera