follow TidyMom on Pinterest

Using your camera to decorate!

I have a little tip to share for “Works-For-Me Wednesday”

I’m a bit of a creature of habit. I can decorate, but when I come up with something I like, I don’t like to change it.

Part of my anxiety about decorating for Christmas is undoing displays in my house and coming up with ways to decorate with all of my Christmas decor.

A few years ago it dawned on me……..Take pictures of my Christmas displays! and then the following year I went a step farther and took a picture of my home BEFORE I put out Christmas, so when I take it all down, I know how to put it back. LOL

I printed my pictures, and I put them away with my Christmas decorations, so now when I pull all of my Christmas out, I just start building my displays like I did last year. If I get new items, I make sure to take new pictures of new things I did each year.

This may not work for everyone, but our house is a little tight on space and I have a lot of Christmas to put out, so this little tip has taken some of the stress off of me when I’m putting it all out AND when it’s time to take it all down.!

Be sure to check out other great Works-For-Me Wednesday tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

post signature

If you’re new to TidyMom, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed or Email. I would also love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for visiting!
About TidyMom

Comments

1. 1

I love that idea! I read somewhere else about packing up Christmas stuff by room it will go in. If I combine that idea with yours about the photo, I should have a much easier time next Dec. Thank you!

2. 2

3. 3

What a great idea!

4. 4

What a great idea!

5. 5

Susan, that’s another great idea too! thanks!

Steph, thanks it’s come in really handy, I just had to share!

~Tidymom

6. 6
    ilovemy5kids says:

What a neat site! I’m glad I stumbled upon it! :)

7. 7

Susan, that’s another great idea too! thanks!

Steph, thanks it’s come in really handy, I just had to share!

~Tidymom

8. 8
    ilovemy5kids says:

What a neat site! I’m glad I stumbled upon it! :)

9. 9

Great idea! If I did real decorating that’d be really helpful. I’m lucky we got our tree up without anything breaking(yet)!

10. 10

11. 11

I do this!! Well, I dont print them out, Ive got them on a disc and refer back to last yr to see how I had everything placed:)

Great mindssssssss!!!

12. 12

Great mindssssssss!!!

13. 13
    whoopsadasie says:

What a good idea! I hate having to figure out where everything goes every year! Thanks for sharing!!

14. 14
    whoopsadasie says:

15. 15
    Pam at Antique or Not says:

Cheryl, what a terrific idea! Thanks so much for sharing.

16. 16
    Pam at Antique or Not says:

Cheryl, what a terrific idea! Thanks so much for sharing.

17. 17

ilovemy5kids- glad you stumble IN! LOL

Wani -at least you have your tree up! we’re still working on ours! LOL

Jenn – you’re right -GREAT MINDS!!

Whoopsadaise – you’re welcome

Pam- I used to do that in the shop all the time if I we sold a piece of furniture with a display I liked I’d take a picture so I could recreated it on another piece!

18. 18

ilovemy5kids- glad you stumble IN! LOL

Wani -at least you have your tree up! we’re still working on ours! LOL

Jenn – you’re right -GREAT MINDS!!

Whoopsadaise – you’re welcome

19. 19
    CJ, the Purple Diva says:

WOW, how did you get so smart? Can you teach me? ?
    I loved this idea and by golly I am going to use it! THANKS!

20. 20
    CJ, the Purple Diva says:

WOW, how did you get so smart? Can you teach me? ?
    I loved this idea and by golly I am going to use it! THANKS!

21. 21
    Totallyscrappy says:

Now, why didn’t I think of that? :)

22. 22
    Totallyscrappy says:

Now, why didn’t I think of that? :)

23. 23
    Buzzings of a Queen Bee! says:

This is a great idea! It does seem so stressful to redecorate for just one month…at least if you have a photo you know how to put it all back together!
    Carrie

24. 24
    Buzzings of a Queen Bee! says:

Carrie

25. 25

Just stopping by and thought I’d leave a comment…hope you don’t mind.

I’ve too have thought of taking pictures and plan on doing so this year. I’ve gotten so many new decorating ideas since I’ve started blogging, I want to remember next year all of the new ideas that I’ve incorporated this year. You’re right, taking pictures is just the way to do it!

Hope your having a great week.

Linda

26. 26

Just stopping by and thought I’d leave a comment…hope you don’t mind.

Hope your having a great week.

Linda

27. 27
    Jerri - Simply Sweet Home says:

Great idea.

28. 28
    Jerri - Simply Sweet Home says:

Great idea.

29. 29

I do this too and it helps so much! In fact, I do it for every season that I redecorate for.

30. 30

31. 31

CJ – not SMART – just resourceful! LOL

Totallyscrappy – give it a try!!

Carrie – yes, anything I can do to reduce stress! LOL

Linda- I’m right there with you! LOTS of ideas this year with blogging- I’ll have to start in July next year!!

Jerri- Thanks!!

Shannon – it sure helps doesn’t it?

32. 32

CJ – not SMART – just resourceful! LOL

Totallyscrappy – give it a try!!

Carrie – yes, anything I can do to reduce stress! LOL

Jerri- Thanks!!

Shannon – it sure helps doesn’t it?

33. 33

What a cool tip! Definitely, not something I would have come up with on my own. =)

34. 34

35. 35

Too have some fantastic home decor ideas for Christmas to share with you.

36. 36

Too have some fantastic home decor ideas for Christmas to share with you.

I’d love to hear from you, leave a comment