follow TidyMom on Pinterest

Homemade CHRISTMAS CD and Fudge ~Gifts!

These are some great homemade gift ideas for those of us who are not as crafty!

Last year I burned some CD‘s of our favorite Christmas songs, and designed a case cover.

I thought I would do it again this year, and Amy at Living Locurto designed a great cover that I’m going to use this year, and she has it on her blog to download and print for FREE!! Thanks Amy!! Click here to get her design and download it for yourself!

I burned my CD, made my case cover and packaged them all cute! I didn’t have a clear cello bag large enough to fit the cd, so I just used the roll of Christmas cello I have. I placed some green crinkle paper on the cello tied it up around the cd with some pretty red and green ribbon and tied on a cute ornament!

***************************************************

This EASY yummy fudge has become a favorite to make and give in our house for the last several years! We give them to teachers, neighbors, friends and more! People who have received them in the past are now asking for them! LOL

It’s the ULTIMATE Gift!5 Minute Fudge Wreaths

Placed on a cute holiday plate, wrapped in cellophane and bedecked with ribbon and an ornamentit’s an indulgent gift that looks as extravagant as it tastes.

Christmas Fudge Wreath at TidyMom.net

This is a great recipe from Rachael Ray and we love to play with different variations of it. We mix up the different flavored chips and do peanut butter or mint (instead of butterscotch), I’ve used Jack Daniels in place of the vanilla. The possibilities are endless. **the butterscotch doesn’t really taste like butterscotch, mixed with the milk chocolate just makes it a rich chocolate. I usually leave out the nuts when giving as a gift unless I know they like nuts.

Five Minute Fudge Wreath

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Five Minute Fudge Wreath

A super easy delicious fudge that has become a holiday tradition!

Ingredients

• 1- 12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate morsels (12 ounces)
  • 9 ounces peanut butter morsels (3/4 of a 12 ounce bag)
  • 1- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk *SAVE the empty can!
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 8 ounces chopped nuts of choice (optional)
  • Candied red and green cherries, for garnish (optional)

Instructions

1. Place a heavy pot on the stove and pre-heat it over low heat. Add chocolate and peanut butter morsels and milk stir until morsels are melted and milk is combined. *Save the empty condensed milk can.
  2. Stir in the vanilla and remove the fudge from heat. If adding nuts stir in immediately.
  3. Line round cake pan with plastic wrap and lightly coat with cooking spray. Cover the empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and place in center of cake pan.
  4. Spoon fudge into pan around can, making sure to center the can if it drifts.
  5. The fudge will set up almost immediately. Garnish can only be added in the first minute or two that the fudge is in the pan, so work quickly. Decorate your wreath with “holly” made from cut candied red and green cherries. Sometimes I sprinkle with red and/or green sprinkles as well.
  6. Chill covered in the refrigerator. Remove the can from the center, remove fudge from pan, discard plastic wrap and place on decorative plate, and cover.

Notes

Variations: Use mint or butterscotch morsels in place of peanut butter for other flavors.

Copyright © 2009-2011 TidyMom.Net.

© TidyMom. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Slice the fudge very thin when ready to serve – a little goes a long way!

Check out Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer for even more tips and tricks. and Holly Bloggy Christmas

If you’re new to TidyMom, I would love for you to subscribe for free updates! You can subscribe via RSS feed or Email. I would also love to connect with you on Facebook and Twitter! Thanks for visiting!
About TidyMom

Comments

1. 1
    whoopsadasie says:

Thanks for the GREAT ideas!! I will use this year instead of trying to make so many different recipes!

2. 2
    whoopsadasie says:

3. 3
    Pam at Antique or Not says:

The fudge looks yummy!

By the way, I have an award for you…pop over to my blog to see!

4. 4
    Pam at Antique or Not says:

The fudge looks yummy!

By the way, I have an award for you…pop over to my blog to see!

5. 5
    Amy from Texas says:

Awesome gift!! You packaged it so cute too:-) I’m going to put your photo on my site as an example.

Bummer, I accidentally deleted your comment about this. Just wanted you to know it was NOT intended. Guess once you delete, it’s gone forever…

Looks like you were a busy girl over the Holidays. I need to get moving on my Christmas presents!

6. 6
    Amy from Texas says:

7. 7
    Buzzings of a Queen Bee! says:

That CD is a wonderful gift that I wish someone would give ME! Maybe I will have to go make one for myself…I am such a sucker for Christmas music!
    Carrie

8. 8
    Buzzings of a Queen Bee! says:

Carrie

9. 9
    Sandy Toes says:

What wonderful ideas..I love that fudge idea!
    Yum!
    -sandy toes

10. 10
    Sandy Toes says:

What wonderful ideas..I love that fudge idea!
    Yum!
    -sandy toes

11. 11
    Terra Kent says:

sounds delightful

12. 12
    Terra Kent says:

sounds delightful

13. 13

Cheryl…you are the next Martha without a doubt!!!

14. 14

Cheryl…you are the next Martha without a doubt!!!

15. 15

Yummy! Next week I’ll start making Christmas candy… I can’t wait! Of course my hips wish I would wait :)

My WFMW post is here:

16. 16

My WFMW post is here:

17. 17

What great ideas! We (as a family) discussed no buying gifts for the adults this year, so these are great ideas (love how the fudge looks!)- And how nice of Amy to provide a CD cover! Well, I just saved your grandfather’s layered pumpkin pie recipe – it looks sooo good! I think that would be perfect for Christmas!… Donna @ An Enchanted Cottage

18. 18

19. 19
    Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam says:

The CD is a wonderful idea!! i have done the fudge and it’s always a hit, but your plate is MUCH cuter than mine. :)

20. 20
    Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam says:

21. 21

My Christmas CD’s don’t have Christmas Music on them. They have music that I’m listening to today, this year.
    I think it’s fun to pull out a Christmas CD from a few years ago and be like, “Oh yeah! I remember that song! I loved it!”
    I just thought I share because I’m getting ready to burn my CD’s this weekend. :)

22. 22

23. 23
    Raise Them Up says:

Looks like a great recipe! I like the variations!

24. 24
    Raise Them Up says:

Looks like a great recipe! I like the variations!

I’d love to hear from you, leave a comment